ABOUT HIVE LEARNING
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion, collaboration and innovation. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Boots, multiple world-leading sports organisations such as The FA and not-for-profits - and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - we’re backed by venture builder investors Blenheim Chalcot and founded by Rugby World-Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward.
Our multi-discipline start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
And now we’re looking for someone who is just as inspired by learning as we are to help us develop our sports and volunteering communities.
This is an entry-level role for an exceptional graduate or someone with a few years’ experience, with a passion for sports. As a Community Manager, you will report to our Sport Partnership Director as well as being part of a wider exceptional, motivated and successful Customer Success team. They pride themselves on going above and beyond to ensure our customers love us.
The Customer Success team are one of the most important teams in our entire business and they safeguard our growth by ensuring our customers have a first-class experience. It's a challenging role, balancing both commercial and experiential priorities, but get it right and it's one of the most rewarding in the company. This is a rare opportunity to help shape an exciting business from the outset, working in a tight-knit, high-quality team with the chance to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market.
- As Community Manager, you will be responsible for the management, maintenance and upkeep of some of Hive Learning’s biggest communities across our sport and volunteering portfolio.
- Deliver the content and engagement strategies across a range of communities, ensuring there is regular content and sustained activity.
- Work with client content teams to ensure alignment with wider content strategies.
- Consult with clients on the design and activation of communities.
- Identify and reach out to members of the community who could be content contributors.
- Contact these users and support them in producing content to be published in the community.
- Be the first point of contact for users across our sports and volunteering communities, supporting them with challenges and encouraging them to participate in conversations.
- Monitor all conversation that happens across the communities.
- Produce reports summarising key usage data, trends and performance metrics.
- Engage with community members to get feedback about its effectiveness and possible ways it can be improved.
- Produce and send regular newsletters to community members.
- Assist in capturing client events and conferences.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- We are looking for a candidate with strong personable and communication skills as the role will involve a lot of user and client interaction.
- A candidate who is keen to learn and can take the initiative during busy times.
- Ability to work confidently in a team environment.
- Doesn’t shy away from responsibility.
- Good understanding of social media.
- Confident using Microsoft office and/or G suite applications.
- You excel in a high-growth environment, working at a start-up pace, embracing change and adjusting course regularly.
- Experience managing lots of tasks at once, able to prioritise your workload accordingly and work to a deadline.
- You’re resilient and proactive and thrive in an autonomous (but supportive) environment.
- You get pleasure from doing a phenomenal job and going the extra mile.
NICE TO HAVES
- An interest in sports
- Experience as a grassroots football coach
- Experience as a volunteer
- Experience of online communities
- Continuous opportunities for personal development; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 10+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Flexible working to make sure you can live your best life outside of work
- £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination that suits you from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership, comprehensive health assessment - and much more
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Hive Learning an inclusive and supportive workplace.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on characteristics including race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status and chronic illness. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected characteristics, Hive Learning also strives to prevent subtler forms of inappropriate behaviour (e.g., bias, stereotyping). Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Hive Learning.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.