At AVADO, our Purpose is Unlocking potential and changing lives and we are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to set up, lead and mange a new more agile approach to how we develop our products in AVADO. …sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Kemi Phillips our Product Director is looking for a motivated and driven Lead Scrum Master to implement a new way of working in how we design, develop and manage our learning products. The purpose of the role is to set up, advocate and manage the transition into this product development approach as well as manage the day-to-day governance and evangelism across our product development team. This role comes with a sharp focus on supporting and driving behavioural change and enhancing creativity in the team whilst balancing this with the need to support the Product Director in implementing an excellent Product Development Practice.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
You will own the agile delivery process and practice, manage a team of Scrum Masters, be accountable for firstly implementing and then monitoring the scrum processes and rituals and overall increase efficiency, quality and collaboration across the team.
- Agile-Scrum Implementation and Governance - Accountable for designing and implementing the running of an AVADO-aligned agile approach to product development - including considering the most relevant use of the agile framework across multiple types of product builds and cross functional solution teams
- Day-to-Day Scrum Processes – Accountable for ensuring the scrum-processes and set up/governance of all ceremonies, – backlog reviews, sprint planning, refinement, demonstrations, retrospectives, daily stand-up etc. are adhered to, and the evangelism of this way of working.
- Forecast and Planning – Co-planning and supporting the backlog, forecast and sprint iterations with the Programme Manager and Product Owners to understand dependencies, risks and constraints across multiple sprint teams - proactively taking measure to address potential issues and delivering against stakeholder timelines and expectations.
- Quality and Improvements - Accountable for working with the Quality Manager and Head of Learning in identifying, defining and driving required changes to improve efficiency, quality and iteration in output and in process.
- Behaviours and Team Culture – Accountable for supporting behaviour change in the teams, addressing challenges and concerns, working proactively to support different roles through transition and beyond, understanding people needs and coaching/mentoring team members to adopt and live agile principles
You will be a member of the learning solutions stream within the product development team which consists of product owners, scrum masters, creative production, instructional design, interactive developers and learning technologists. You will also direct line manager 3 Scrum Masters across all product development requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE
- A minimum of 5 years in an agile-scrum role
- Scrum master certification
- Experience of transitioning teams into agile and successful implementation of scrum principles
- A track record of delivering against an aggressive and complex portfolio of products
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An ability to work with the un-known and be part of the shaping and creation of our new product development approach
- A passion for creating great teams and for shifting behaviour change and individual capability
- A natural collaboration style based on an intrinsic need to talk to and work with, various functions in the business to get results
- A willingness and flexibility in helping AVADO find an agile-leaning way of working that supports a best in class product development practice