AVADO Learning is the UK’s leading EdTech company; we help individuals and organisations grow with a ‘Learning that works’ methodology; AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO Learning has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google and the CIPD, building high quality digital learning programmes with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in a variety of areas including:
- Digital marketing/leaders/business transformation via Squared Online (developed alongside Google)
- HR and L&D via our award-winning courses developed in exclusive partnership with the CIPD
- Accounting and Finance where we have successful, award-winning courses with the AAT and ACCA.
AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive VC group (being backed by Blenheim Chalcot).
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for a copywriter to support the iteration of existing courses and the development of new courses for our key partners. This varied role will see you work closely with our product team, helping to take content from conception to delivery.
This position requires an individual with exceptional attention to detail, strong organisational abilities and demonstrable written communication skills.
Being a team player with a passion for education and all things digital, you'll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere. Maintaining and developing brand tone of voice, even under tight deadlines, is essential.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, edit, proof-read and review written material in a clear and concise manner, ensuring a consistent and appropriate tone of voice is used across all documentation
- Work closely and communicate well with a range of members of the product team to solve issues and provide solutions to ever-evolving learning requirements
- Create instructionally sound, technically correct, educational documentation based on the given design and defined instructional strategy to guide students through the course
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the course curriculum and learning objectives, using this to maintain quality, drive product innovation and evolution, identify content gaps and work closely with the Instructional Designer to bridge them
- Ensure necessary permissions are acquired for external materials and a record of all permission requests and releases is maintained
- Support and drive team-wide processes, specifically regarding accuracy and quality assurance
- Complete ad hoc writing and editing tasks as necessary
- Execute all work with exceptional attention to detail
Desired skills and experience: to join us you’ll need
- Excellent writing, editing and layout skills used to compose a range of materials (e.g. instructional text, storyboards, etc.) in a variety of contexts and tones
- Excellent attention to detail, high level of accuracy and an ability to understand and maintain processes and systems
- Experience in working to tight deadlines
- Confident communicator, able to work well with people from all levels of the business
- Flexible and good humored under pressure: a great team player and able to work with a diverse team
- Strong IT skills and competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using an industry-standard CMS or VLE in a professional context (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Moodle, Blackboard)
- Experience using InDesign software to make copy edits
- Strong academic background: 2.1 or above at degree level
- A strong interest in education, a clear enthusiasm for online learning and a passion for understanding how technology can transform this industry
- An awareness of the latest developments in digital marketing and e-learning would be beneficial
What we think we can offer you:
- Inclusion in a growing and ambitious function in a VC-backed company operating in one of digital’s most exciting and growing spaces ‑ EdTech
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast-paced and exciting challenge which is well-funded and actively supported by encouraging investors
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.