Business Development Manager
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more, please visit:
Responsible for generating new business revenues for our FinPro brands via a blend of telesales and face-to face sales consultation. Leads are generated via pre-qualified vendor registrations, referrals, networking events, competitor analysis and cold calling. In addition, the role will involve the renewal/up-selling and account management paid accounts.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly new-business sales targets;
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the vendor marketplace within your allocated region(s);
- Collaborate with marketing/client services colleagues, and the business development executive to hone the lead-development process;
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events;
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital marketing campaigns to fit their needs;
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies;
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue;
- Optimise handover to customer-success team, to facilitate long-term working partnerships between the brands and its customer-base.
- Use intelligence gained from customer conversations to inform and support the continuous improvement of our product offering;
- Collaborate with sales colleagues; company management; project managers; editorial; marketing and development teams to ensure that commercial objectives are clearly articulated and incorporated into wider plans;
- Support the development and dissemination of clear sales messages for specific product enhancements and/or supplements.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining new and existing client relationships and strategies that increase sales revenues.
- Exhibits well-developed selling, negotiating and closing skills.
- Communicates effectively with clients to achieve desired outcomes.
- Co-ordinates sales related trips and activities to meet association goals.
- Develops a rapport with others.
- Engenders trust among clients.
- Listens effectively to clearly hear and understand what others are communicating.
- Prioritizes and organizes work to achieve work outcomes.
- Exercises good judgment in communicating information.
- Clear, articulate, tactful, professional and persuasive speaking manner for telephone and personal contact.
- Possesses excellent writing skills for written communications with clients.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Dynamic working hours
- Remote working once a week
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical, Private Dental, Gym Subsidiaries, Cycle to Work Scheme, Travel Account, Group Health Assessment Scheme, Group Cash Plan Scheme
- Free fruit every day
- Free lunch on a Wednesday
- A prosecco and beer fridge every Friday
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone