At AVADO, our Purpose is Unlocking potential and changing lives and we are looking for a highly self-motivated individual that is ready to carve out and drive forward, exactly how that translates into the Product Owner role for our Data Faculty suite of products. …sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Kemi Phillips our Product Director is looking for a motivated and driven Product Owner to take full development responsibility and ownership of our Data Faculty learning products. The purpose of the role is to define, direct and drive the development of these products, based on customer needs and market insights. This role also comes with a sharp focus on supporting, participating and enhancing a more agile-leaning product development process within the team, to achieve smart, effective and creative results.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
You will ensure that your products create value for customers and users, as well as for the company. You will champion your product faculty, facilitate product decisions and have the final say about your products and what they will achieve. You will be accountable for:
- Client Requirements – investigating, researching and understanding the client/customer’s needs. Staying close to the market, the competition, and users’ pain points to shape the vision and the strategy for the product roadmap.
- Product Faculty Roadmap - defining the product vision, interacting and collaborating with users to understand their requirements, communicating product goals with stakeholders and creating a product road map that forms a tactical and graphical summary of the direction of your products.
- Product Business Case – creating and validating new product business cases, product pivots or product exits – inclusive of proposition, vision, development budget, unit economics, go to market strategy, pricing and product benefits.
- Product Backlog and Development - creating the product backlog, prioritising feature iterations, sequencing product development activities providing clarity for development teams and representing the voice of the customer.
- Product Positioning – collaborate with marketing, commercial finance and sales in order to support the product’s business performance and drive clear messaging on its unique value to clients and support in the product go-to-market strategy.
- Product Partnerships – creating and evolving relationships with our vendors and strategic partners that play an important role in accrediting the quality, relevance and vibrancy of our products – such as our strong partnership with Tableau and the University of Buckingham.
You will belong to the product development team which consists of other product owners, project managers, scrum masters, creative production, instructional design, interactive developers and learning technologists. You will also direct line manager a curriculum lead/SME who will be responsible for the technical relevance and quality of the content within your products.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE
- A minimum of 3 years in a product development role
- Experience of working within an agile-leaning product development process
- Previous experience or a strong interest in the field of Data Analytics or Science is preferable
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An ability to work with the un-known and be part of the shaping and creation of new or developing products
- A passion for learning technology and drive to contribute to this exciting and constantly changing sector
- A natural collaboration style based on an intrinsic need to talk to and work with, various functions in the business to get results
- A data-driven approach to making decisions and defining approaches
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.