Blenheim Chalcot Investment runs a number of Credit Strategies focused on the Alternative Finance and Fintech markets.
We have been running Credit Strategies since 2011, focusing on niches where we believe the firm’s unique position supports our ability to deliver market beating risk adjusted returns. Our main fund in the Credit Opportunities Fund, which Lends to Lending business.
Our investors are High Net Worth and Family Offices (i.e. Direct Private money vs Institutional) who are engaged and seeking to more proactively access the credit markets.
We are managing >£200m of capital within Credit Strategies. The Equity Strategies team then manage a number of equity and co investment vehicles, through which investors can gain access to high-growth venture businesses in a structured manner. We invest, initially, in smaller deal sizes within the Alternative Finance and Fintech markets with the aim of building long term relationships and rolling our capital into future refinancing deals as the lending businesses scale.
Being part of the Blenheim Chalcot Investment team you will provide the you with deal exposure to a wide range of innovative structures across Specialty Finance as well as some exposure to the Venture Building activities of Blenheim Chalcot.
Our people tend to be outgoing, agile, robust, and curious and we have an environment that embraces a flexible attitude. You can find us located in One Hammersmith Broadway; a five-story, modern and spacious office Building, which is a hub of technology start-up companies and venture capitalist organisations.
The candidate will be focussed on building out robust accounting and operational processes for the Credit Opportunities Fund with some exposure to other BC investment vehicles. The Fund Accountant will own the relationship with the administrator for all accounting and fund accounting outputs.
The person will be part of a small agile team, with an appetite to take initiative and challenge existing procedures. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to be part of a rapidly expanding Fund business, with the scope for significant responsibility from day one.
- Ongoing review of administrator accounting records
- Implementation and maintenance of a Shadow NAV, including accounting oversight of the loan portfolio.
- Creation and monitoring of Fund budgets
- Coordination and reconciliation of interest payment notices and other receivables
- Treasury management including cash reconciliations and forecasting
- Calculation of management and performance / exit fee calculations
- Transaction support including coordination of investment documentation, cash movements and liaising with investment team
- Assist with planning and management of annual audits
The ideal candidate will be an ACA/ACCA Part-qualified or Finalist preferably with previous audit or private equity experience. It is essential that the successful applicant possess fund statutory reporting experience, including an understanding and knowledge of IFRS and GAAP. The role is extremely broad and excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- Excellent organisational and strong communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of deliverables
- Consistent demonstration of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A fast-paced and exciting role in the central team within the UK’s largest venture builder
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, in a diverse and innovative organisation
- A variety of training courses in soft and technical skills
- Accounting qualification support (e.g. ACA, ACCA)
- A friendly, start-up environment with fast-moving, entrepreneurial team culture
- Permanent, full time role starting as soon as possible
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, learning allowance, cycle to work scheme, free fruit and many office perks and activities
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.