Software Engineer (Frontend)
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion and belonging. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with our main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Sky, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits, and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - backed by Venture Builder investors Blenheim Chalcot, founded by Sir Clive Woodward, and guided by an experienced Board including Matthew Syed, acclaimed author and an authority on the science of high performance.
Our multidisciplinary start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
We're based in Hammersmith, London and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion for learning and making a difference.
At Hive Learning, we’re helping people and organisations grow by helping communities learn together, anywhere, everyday.
We’re looking for software engineers that can work with us as part of our collaborative cross-functional team to help shape and develop our product.
You’ll be working in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams, to develop a platform that improves lives.
Our engineers come from a range of backgrounds some have formal Computer science qualifications others don’t, some have worked in large corporates others only ever with startups. If you love learning, we’d love to talk.
We rely on the following technologies:
- Python - Much of our application code is written in Python
- React - All of our web apps are written in
- React Native - Our android and iOS app
- AWS - Most of our infrastructure lives here (terraformed)
- We use PostgreSQL, DynamoDB for most of our persistent data
- Lambda - we use a fair bit of serverless
- AWS Fargate runs our docker services
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
This role focuses on leading and developing our exciting new customer interfaces. You’ll be working to clearly understand user needs, talking to customers and account managers you’ll be comfortable challenging assumptions, using data and running experiments.
You’ll need to be confident writing performant, accessible code alongside design systems.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You like the sound of what we are doing
- You love building products driven by hypothesis, created on data and inspired by customers
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity
- You care deeply about great user experience
- You have experience building applications for multiple devices supporting a range of browsers - you’ll be familiar with progressive enhancement
- You are passionate about great engineering and love to share your passion with others
We are based in Hammersmith London, we care about inclusive working practices and support remote working (as long as you can commit to be in London when needed)
Our interview process typically consists of a phone screen or meeting, a ‘do at home’ code task and a half day on site pairing session and interview.