Job title: Head of Sales Europe
Location: White City London
Ever wondered what sales feels like in fast, disruptive, growing digital start-ups?
- Have you always wanted to join the fastest, most exciting business environments in the world?
- Are you curious, always?
- Do you wish you could get the excitement of start-ups but keep the stability of corporate life?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Having a 21-year-old track record of building, growing and exiting businesses has left us clear on what’s needed to be successful in the UK (and now global) start up scene. We know that having great products isn’t even half the story. We know that bullet proof code only gets you so far. We know that slick, well run, efficient, lean businesses are only as powerful as their weakest link. Our experience has taught us that of all the teams, in all the businesses we’ve ever built, the one that we must get right is sales – we want to redefine the value of what world-class commercial talent means to a digital start up.
With very ambitious growth plans, our Media & Events start-up is seeking a Head of Sales Europe for their HRD community, to play an integral role in growing sales revenues across the events, awards and conferences in Europe.
The individual will be an experienced sales professional, able to manage sales process, including creating your network and leads through proactive lead sourcing, managing your pipeline, closing deals and reporting on all activities.
You'll be developing and successfully managing relationships with current and new clients, which means you need to be a focused, proactive self-starter, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will be meeting clients and be seen as a respected representative of this company.
The successful candidate will lead, coach, manage and motivate a team to deliver high performance. You will use sales data to define and implement a sales strategy that ensures every customer and opportunity is actively managed and proactively engaged with.
- Set a strong example for the team, by exhibiting the highest standard in your personal sales activity;
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the vendor marketplace within your allocated region;
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events;
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital marketing campaigns to fit their needs;
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies;
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue;
- Optimise handover to customer-success team, to facilitate long-term working partnerships between our brands and our customer-base.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our client offering by constantly interrogating clients’ marketing goals and ensuring that we meet them;
- Collaborate with sales colleagues; company management; project managers; editorial; marketing and development teams to ensure that commercial objectives are clearly articulated and incorporated into wider plans for the Finance Professionals community;
- Ensure that the sales teams have easy access to appropriate, high-quality, up-to-date sales collateral.
Sales planning & reporting
- Monitor and understand the marketplace of vendors targeting the sectors covered by your brands;
- Plan and execute customer coverage across the team to maximise the revenue opportunity across both new business and renewals;
- Work with the customer success team to ensure optimal campaign delivery and reporting;
- Provide regular management reporting, to cover sales productivity metrics, market coverage, conversion trends, and revenue forecasts.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Sales Leader with experience in the B2B media and events sales field. It is essential that successful applicant is innovative and strives to form and engage teams that deliver. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in B2B media and event sales with a proven track record of success in a leadership role;
- Strong work ethic and ability to lead by example;
- Day to day working knowledge of Salesforce;
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills;
- Completely invested in driving both individual and team success;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated with ability to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to fully understand and convey value propositions;
- Degree-level educated with a 2:1, or higher;
- Knowledge of / experience in the financial management sector.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Dynamic working hours
- Remote working once a week
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical, Private Dental, Gym Subsidiaries, Cycle to Work Scheme, Travel Account, Group Health Assessment Scheme, Group Cash Plan Scheme
- Free fruit every day
- Free lunch on a Wednesday
- A prosecco and beer fridge every Friday
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment here must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone