Job Title: FP&A Executive
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Finance
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionising the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
Liberis Finance is our small business facing brand. We offer flexible fair funding solutions to small businesses, including the Business Cash Advance and Funding Line. Small businesses love our finance solutions as they are paid back as their customers pay them, which for a business where cashflow can be unpredictable, is a real help!
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of around 100 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey, and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
You’ll join a dynamic, fast paced innovative team in a business which is growing internationally. We need a smart, ambitious, self-motivated FP&A executive to join the team. You’ll be responsible for helping us understand the business using your excellent analytic skills to support the Head of Commercial Finance to tell the story and drive performance.
The successful candidate will need the spirit of entrepreneurship, a drive to work in a fast-paced company. This is an exciting opportunity to be a fundamental part of growing the business; you’ll get involved with planning our international expansions and getting the core business in shape to really excel.
Ideally you’ll be part-qualified and already have gained practical FP&A experience to add to a role which covers insight, budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of multi-region annual budgets, 5 year strategic plans and quarterly reforecasts including establishing assumptions, modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Build and maintain multi-region, partner, and currency financial models covering P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- The design, development and maintenance of robust FP&A reports supporting regular communication to the Board and Executive team on financial performance and trends
- Using your excellent powerpoint skills and attention to detail to pull together key information for the Board, our Investors and the ExCo ensuring consistency of message and accurate information
- Dive into and analyse the financial and non-financial reporting for Liberis; identifying the drivers of variance between projections and performance
- Ongoing work to refine and update financial reporting and tracking as the business expands developing detailed working knowledge of systems, process and data to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Building relationships within the business with a view to improve overall cost-base efficiencies and enable effective decision making through ad hoc analysis
- Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience with budgetary control
- Strong analytical skills couple with excellent powerpoint skills to tell the story
- Highly computer literate including advanced modelling skills
- Ability to prioritise and act on key issues
- Good interpersonal and communication skills for working with people at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Detail orientated with a drive for accuracy
- Similar industry experience would be beneficial but not necessary