People and Culture Manager
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion and belonging. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with our main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Sky, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits, and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - backed by Venture Builder investors, Blenheim Chalcot; founded by Sir Clive Woodward; and guided by an experienced Board including Matthew Syed, acclaimed author and an authority on the science of high performance.
Our multidisciplinary start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development,professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
We have offices in London and New York and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion for learning and making a difference.
At Hive Learning, we’re proud to have built strong relationships with some of the leading movers, shakers and changemakers in the learning, and diversity and inclusion spaces, doubling our client base year-on-year. Our ambitious growth plans are also reflected in significant team growth plans across different teams and geographies.
This is a new role and we have created it because amazing people are at the heart of our business and a key driver of our growth. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to directly contribute to and shape our business growth strategy.
We’re looking for an innovative and ambitious people-focused HR manager. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for developing and delivering our people and culture strategy ensuring we create an environment that enables people to do their best work.
It’s a full-time role, but we also believe that it could be done in 4 days by someone more experienced. So if you’re experienced yet looking for some flexibility, this may be just for you.
In this role, you will:
- Establish, run and champion all people related matters, both in the UK and across international territories
- Manage recruitment and induction effectively so we bring on board the very best talent
- Partner with team leaders and employees to find the right development and progression opportunities for individuals
- Maintain best practices for developing a diverse workforce and lead initiatives to champion an inclusive culture
- Create a culture of continuous learning and personal development, coordinate and establish learning and development initiatives, as well as run performance management and personal development process
- Ensure HR policies are in tip-top shape to support the business through its growth
- Ensure that working practices and office environment support the business values and empower employees to do their best work every day
- Make sure the right information reaches all team members in an engaging and timely way
- Champion workplace culture (and use of Hive Learning to build this!) with our clients, helping our teams and our customers/prospects with thought leadership on building a great culture
IMPORTANT: We hire based on aptitude, not experience; if you have some experience in any of the above areas but want to learn more about others, don’t let that put you off applying.
- You’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude, with a strong track record of working in a fast-paced high growth environment
- You’re a business-minded HR generalist, who understands how to align HR strategies with overall business objectives
- You’re a true people person, passionate about helping people grow
- You recognise that it’s important to get the basics right yet are passionate about more progressive elements of HR and look to bring new and dynamic thinking and initiatives into the team
- You are someone who is purpose driven with a founder/owner mentality and high standards
- You pride yourself on getting things done effectively and launch yourself into new challenges with excitement and intensity
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious - you’re always seeking a better way
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to see things from many perspectives
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to get stuck in
- You love collaboration, accept feedback readily and seek out others’ viewpoints
- You’re looking for a role with room to grow, adapt and flex to your unique areas of expertise
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- Opportunities to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.