Job Title: Head of US Risk
Reporting to: Director of Decisioning
Dotted line: General Manager of US
Based: Tysons Corner, VA
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
What is it like to work for Liberis? Liberis is currently a team of around 100 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavor to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and team members succeed. Come and join us on our journey, and help us transform the finance industry!
You will play a critical role in supporting our expansion into the US by ensuring that we deliver a great application experience for our end customers, with acceptance rates and credit losses meeting our business targets. Additionally, you will help to lead and build a team in the US with a customer-first focus.
- Build and refine the credit model(s) used in the US to achieve target approval rates and losses, in alignment with the US business plan
- Lead credit operations, underwriting, and collections in order to ensure delivery of a high-quality customer experience as well as operating targets
- Execute complex credit and financial analyses to monitor and manage risk performance
- Deliver an accurate, technical forecast of credit performance and losses by tranche and segment, monitor performance versus forecast, and identify root causes of variance and mitigation strategy
- Identify and build new, innovative approaches for credit risk management
- Seek out and develop new data sources, analytical techniques, and decisioning approaches in order to maximize performance
- Build credit performance to achieve unit economics targets
- Collaborate with UK Risk, Analytics, and Data Science teams to improve the credit risk discipline across the enterprise
- Participate as an active member of the Credit Committee
- Collaborate with other business leaders in Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Human Resources to deliver the business plan consistent with the Liberis culture and values
- 10+ years in credit risk management in the US Financial Services industry (ideally in SMB finance), including time as a Credit Officer (or equivalent) in consumer, mortgage, or SMB lending
- 5+ years of management and supervisory experience, including leading teams in credit operations, analytical modeling and reporting, or related disciplines
- Detailed working knowledge of credit scoring, credit bureau and other third-party data
- Able to work with large datasets, including knowledge of key tools for data modelling, analysis, and reporting
- Expert at data extraction, data mining, model build and testing
- Strong understanding of unit economics, customer lifetime value and NPV discipline
- Ability to synthesize multiple data and business inputs to identify potential new opportunities
- A persuasive communicator, able to convey complex data in a logical and easy-to understand style
- Proactive business leader with the ability to drive results, collaboratively
- BA required, advanced degree preferred
What we offer in return
- Being part of a new entrant to the market with a mission to provide a convenient access to good-value working capital for SMBs
- A dynamic and fun working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits