Job Title: Senior Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer
Based: Glen House, Hammersmith
Liberis is a leading alternative finance provider offering simple, flexible and transparent funding to help small businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established in 2007, in a space where traditional banking and loan models were unable to meet the needs of UK businesses, we provide finance based on business potential, not just credit history. Through our Business Cash Advance, we link repayments directly to cash flow - so businesses only repay us when their customers pay them!
To date Liberis has helped over 11,000 businesses and advanced over £340m in funding. We’re striving to support an estimated 100,000 jobs by 2020, and each and every role at Liberis plays a huge part in supporting this.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
The Liberis family sits across two UK offices and around 130 people – and we’re growing significantly month on month! We have now expanded to the USA, as well as three European countries, with more coming soon.
With our staff at the very heart of what we do, we’re dedicated to fostering a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. Not to mention our active commitment to mental well-being and employee diversity in the workplace; encouraging applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion or background.
Earlier this year we were also formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place our the 128 top ranked organisations.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Compliance Manager will lead on all areas of compliance.
This is a rare opportunity to join a collaborative, entrepreneurial business team which is constantly challenging the status quo to deliver better outcomes, both for our customers and our partners, in the UK and internationally.
There are significant opportunities for career progression as the business grows.
- Develop and improve Liberis’s compliance strategy and infrastructure, including:
- Compliance strategy framework and roadmap
- Enhancing existing and drafting new policies as needed to define standards as the business grows into new markets including Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovakia and the USA
- Lead the dissemination and training of policies to relevant staff
- Monitor regulatory climate and specific regulatory guidance for impact on the business and ensure appropriate changes are made
- Deliver clear, timely, independent and pragmatic expert regulatory advice and guidance, including:
- Developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Supporting the development of business processes, procedures and controls to ensure they are properly mapped to applicable regulations
- Engaging with the product design and approval process, providing review and challenge to new and existing product development
- Working closely with Marketing teams to maintain compliant collateral
- Assisting with the creation, sign off and provision of regulatory training when required
- Interface and liaise with regulators, industry associations and policy organisations, as required, and, in particular, acting as Liberis’s Data Protection Officer and, as required, Money Laundering Risk Officer
- Own the development and delivery of the compliance monitoring plan:
- Identifying and escalating risk exposures on a timely basis and ensuring that action plans are in place to address the risks
- Overseeing and monitoring key regulatory risks and ensure appropriate escalation
- Identifying the risks arising from new products and ensuring these risks are managed in line with risk appetite and policy
- Support members of the leadership team in the discharge of any regulatory responsibilities, reporting and escalating all key regulatory risks:
- Identifying and escalating at the earliest opportunity any significant regulatory issues to business leadership teams and, where appropriate, the board, in a clear and accurate manner
- Challenging business leaders by providing insights and trends to enable the business to make effective risk-based decisions
- Support the management and maintenance of strong and effective working relationships with any regulatory supervisory teams, including facilitation and oversight of regulator visits
- Experienced credit compliance professional with ~5+ years experience at/ towards CF10 or similar level, with anti-money laundering experience at/ towards CF11 or similar level and experience of monitoring and testing
- Familiarity with (or at least an appetite to learn) regulations associated with funding small businesses in the UK, US and other jurisdictions
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility and work independently, as a key member of the broader team, in a primarily standalone compliance role working within a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing and changeable FinTech company, within a broad compliance role, suiting someone who is comfortable provide strategic direction at a senior level whilst retaining a keen eye for technical rigour through drafting various policy and procedures as needed
- Substantial knowledge and experience of managing conduct risk, including providing strong check and challenge to business stakeholders, often with individuals who are working within the financial services industry for the first time
- Experience in, or willingness to learn about, the role of Data Protection Officer
- Ability to translate complex regulation into practical and pragmatic policies and advice to a dynamic business audience
What we offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- A great performance-related bonus, and potential for stock options
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework, financial wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials