Job and Person Specification
Job Title: Head of Broker and Affiliates
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Based: Glenthorne Road, Hammersmith
Based in Hammersmith, we are a vibrant business, teamed with global partners, on a mission to re-invent SME financing. With an innovative product and personalized service, driven by technology and automation, we’ve already lent over £200m and are growing fast. Come and join us!
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionising the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of around 100 people, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in it together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
This role presents an opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing business. The successful candidate will need the spirit of entrepreneurship and a start-up attitude. Working in a growing partnerships team you will manage two direct reports and a growing team of 6. The role is fundamental to helping to shape the future of our partnerships function and be a part of growing the business.
Key Responsibilities will vary but will include typically
- To strategically lead on, drive, and deliver growth and value from existing, and new, partner relationships.
- Lead on the development of channel strategy, advancing Liberis Group’s market standing and delivering against budgeted metrics.
- Oversee day-to-day relationship management/accountability of partner activity – empower the team to drive growth and value through pro-active, industry-leading, strategic communication.
- Ability to garner cross departmental buy-in to ensure both Partner and Liberis Group needs & wants are balanced/met, resulting in the most accurate marketing and solution sell. Elicit value through effective and efficient partner product delivery.
- Work with the Commercial Director to identify and agree KPIs and targets against which progress can be measured
- Oversight across partner commercial terms – routinely review and ensure contractual obligations are met. Drive re-negotiation where necessary to ensure delivery of competitive value (balancing against Liberis Group EBITDA targets).
- Ownership and oversight over P&L and budget management across channel partnerships.
- Overall responsibility for channel specific partnership development team to ensure focus and growth – develop a highly motivated, highly effective, dynamic team to deliver a pro-active, industry leading service for Partners.
- Line management of three direct reports and two in-direct reports, with potential for line management responsibilities to grow in line with channel and Liberis Group growth.
- Where applicable, align to support the Partner Acquisition team with early engagement in partner boarding process to ensure a smooth delivery of solution.
- Manage and produce performance and challenge summary reports for cross calibration/sharing with the Senior Leadership Team, ExCo, and Board Members.
- Balance both Partner and Liberis Group needs & wants whilst continuing to deliver insight and strategic initiative into channel and Liberis Group strategy for business change projects, future automation, scalability, and growth.
- Build and maintain an understanding of the UK Alternative Funding market and landscape. Effectively identify opportunities to deliver additional value to the channel and/or those which will deliver additional strategic value to Liberis’ Group overall.
- Foster the collation of competitive updates and market intelligence within the team. Oversee distribution directly into both channel and Liberis Group core strategy to drive proposition development and ensure the overall Liberis proposition remains focussed on delivery of value for partners and customers.
- Cross departmental strategic ability – deliver insight and support for continued success across the business. Ability to balance strategic needs and initiatives of channel against wider Liberis Group delivery.
- Anticipate and articulate any service or relationship issues, mitigating and or managing any conflict and disputes where and as necessary.
- Drive quality and ethics in business relationships
- Cultivate positive company culture and values by defining processes and behaviour.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to quickly build, manage and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders particularly where they have differing requirements demands and measures of success, and of brokering effective ways forward
- Cross departmental strategic ability
- Consummate knowledge, experience and ability of expected channel nuances, market forces, and industry as a whole
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative approach and comfortable working in a dynamic team environment, including tight interaction with the business development, product, technology, operations and Marketing teams
- Collaborative, confident, and comfortable approach working closely alongside other members of the Liberis Group Senior Leadership Team, feeding opinions and initiatives directly into dynamically changing core business strategies.
- High level of influencing/diplomacy skills and the ability to balance competing interests and manage multiple stakeholders with complex and competing objectives
- Strategically minded with the ability to co-ordinate and support commercial negotiations with multiple third-parties
- Experience within the finance or merchant acquiring industry
- Experience within a relationship management role
- Experience at managing teams
- An ability to articulate ideas and gain the support of senior executives internally and externally
- Proven ability to facilitate excellent rapport, support and loyalty both with partners and within Liberis teams
- Commercially driven thinker who thrives in context of ambiguity and cuts through to focus on long term effective outcomes
- Enjoys being part of and motivating a team to work at the highest level
- Driven to achieve objectives
- Excellent organiser and responsive, with attention to detail
- Thrives on working in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Able to work under pressure and to conflicting demands
- Gravitas to represent Liberis with external clients
What we offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!