Junior Business Development Manager - New Business
- Location: Hammersmith, London
- Type: Permanent
- Level: Junior (1-3 years)
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion and belonging. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with our main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Sky, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits, and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - backed by Venture Builder investors Blenheim Chalcot, founded by Sir Clive Woodward, and guided by an experienced Board including Matthew Syed, acclaimed author and an authority on the science of high performance.
Our multidisciplinary start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
We're based in Hammersmith, London and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion for learning and making a difference.
At Hive Learning, we’re proud to have built strong relationships with some of the leading movers, shakers and changemakers in the learning, and diversity and inclusion spaces, doubling our client base year-on-year.
Working alongside the EMEA new business lead and our wider sales team, you’ll take accountability for every matter in the new business sales cycle. What's more, your role is at the centre of the business and will provide the opportunity to directly contribute to its growth.
At Hive Learning, we care about the employee wellbeing, would be happy for you to be based in our Hammersmith offices or work from home when needed and happy for you to start early / finish early, or start late / finish late.
Are you a go-getter, with around 1-3 year's experience, who can operate effectively with decision makers at the world’s largest organisations? Ideally with a few years sales experience already, your challenge is to unearth high quality sales opportunities with these key decision makers, progress them through the pipeline to meet your targets, managing the full sales cycle. It's fun, but it isn’t easy.
Typical sales cycle can be anything between 4-12 months depending on project scope. And you need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity as we are an agile business.
We will provide you with the latest technology and techniques, plus support where you need it to develop your sales career. You won’t be alone in this journey. You will bring the spark, energy and creativity to make the sales magic happen.
Your typical week will look like:
- Working closely with the EMEA new business lead to grow the sales pipeline
- Presenting, pitching and demo-ing our product/solutions to our buyers
- Qualifying leads and opportunities to access if it’s right for us - only sell to who can buy and match our qualification criteria
- Researching future buyers and thinking about how we could help them
- Crafting outreach that inspire prospects to respond
- Networking using social media channels, such as LinkedIn
- Using the best sales technology to turbo-charge your productivity
- Speaking with warm prospects by phone to establish their requirements and being very strong on qualifying opportunities - it’s ok to say no if they can’t buy what we offer
- Comfortable talking to different stakeholders e.g. HR, L&D, IT, legal and procurement throughout the sales cycle
- Updating your pipeline and CRM based on opportunities and activity
- Doing all you can to exceed targets of qualified opportunities
- Supporting the team with a fun can-do-attitude
You're good at:
- Selling and managing a 360 sales role - 100% focus on new business
- Self-motivation and the right work ethic to succeed, learn and have fun
- Multi-tasking, prioritising, and managing time effectively
- Communicating confidently, including being able to listening exhaustively, question and challenge
- Learning new technology and excited about learning
- Being adaptable and resilient when things aren’t going your way
BONUS: You have experience selling digital learning or learning and development solutions to HR/L&D
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- Opportunities to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Ongoing coaching in sales development best practice to serve you here and beyond
- Extensive opportunities for progression for those who seek it
- Great team culture, team trips away, beer fridge and frequent nights out
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.