Part-time Legal Counsel - 2-3 days (opportunity to work from home)
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion and belonging. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with our main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Sky, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits, and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - backed by Venture Builder investors, Blenheim Chalcot; founded by Sir Clive Woodward; and guided by an experienced Board including Matthew Syed, acclaimed author and an authority on the science of high performance.
Our multidisciplinary start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
We're based in Hammersmith, London and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion for learning and making a difference.
At Hive Learning, we’re proud to have built strong relationships with some of the leading movers, shakers and changemakers in the learning, and diversity and inclusion spaces, doubling our client base year-on-year.
Working alongside Chief Client Officer, CEO, CFO and our sales team, you’ll own every legal matter in the business from sales contract negotiations to copyright matters to trademarks to liaising with external lawyers.
What's more, your role is at the centre of the business and will provide the opportunity to directly contribute to its growth.
At Hive Learning, we care about the employee wellbeing, would be happy for you to be based in our Hammersmith offices or work from home when needed and happy for you to start early / finish early, or start late / finish late.
We’re looking for an agile, organised, collaborative legal counsel, who would support various legal needs of the business. The role will report to the CFO and will provide commercial legal support to the UK and US businesses. In this role, you will:
- Accurately and effectively draft and negotiate amendments to standard agreements
- Review and amend standard terms and conditions and agreements ensuring they are updated to meet all relevant legislation
- Collaborate with the commercial team to consider changes in standard terms
- Maintain and update the agreement database and ensure appropriate notices of variations and updates are provided to clients
- Accurately review supplier agreements and negotiate amendments
- Assist the sales and content teams with copyright matters
- Manage new trademark applications and issue appropriate notices to third parties infringing existing trademarks
- Maintain risk register and run periodical enterprise risk assessments
IMPORTANT: We hire based on aptitude, not experience; if you have some experience in any of the above areas but want to learn more about others, don’t let that put you off applying.
- You’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude
- You pay strong attention to the tiny details, with laser-sharp organisation and prioritisation skills
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious - you’re always seeking a better way
- You are a qualified lawyer and have extensive experience working in a commercial environment
- You will be happy to work on a flexible basis, on a two or three-day contract
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to see things from many perspectives
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to get stuck in
- You embrace change and a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- You love collaboration, accept feedback and seek out others’ viewpoints
- You’re looking for a role with room to grow, adapt and flex to your unique areas of expertise
BONUS: You have experience working both at a law firm and in-house
We can offer you
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- Opportunities to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.
Hive Learning | LinkedIn