Job Title: Director of Strategic Accounts
Reports to: Global President
Location: New York, NY
AVADO is an exciting and fast paced EdTech company; we help individuals and organizations grow with a ‘Learning that works’ methodology; AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including the likes of Estee Lauder, Twitter, Merck, UNICEF, EY, Metlife and Dentsu Aegis.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google, Tableau and the CIPD, building high quality digital learning programs and, with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO specifically helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in four core areas:
- Digital Transformation
- Human Resources
AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive VC group, Blenheim Chalcot.
AVADO is recruiting a Strategic Accounts Director to support the planned expansion of the business, specifically focused on large-scale global corporations. This role will assist growing existing business and be seen as a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organization. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the company’s revenues over the next five years initially within North America but with wider international ambitions. The Strategic Accounts Director will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing a portfolio of high-value customers. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth and exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organization.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, lead and maintain the client delivery team to execute a well-defined and collaborative strategy to develop and grow existing accounts
- Delivering revenue growth in line with overall client/AVADO plan and targets
- Creating compelling strategic account plans for the partnership between AVADO and the client, with joint objectives that result in mutual success and expansion
- Identifying opportunities to grow and expand AVADO’s learning solutions inside the client organization, selling and implementing these
- Building exceptionally strong commercial relationships with our key clients and their wider companies
- Representing clients’ needs to the rest of AVADO (e.g. management team, Board members, product/technology team) to capitalize on learnings and ensure continuous progress with your clients and for the overall business
- Translating the client’s objectives and success criteria into compelling programs of work, combining the use of AVADO learning solutions with whatever services and activities from our side / the client’s side are required to achieve the objectives
- Driving implementation of the work required to coordinate these programs – either doing/leading the work yourself or partnering with others in the AVADO team to get it done
- Seeking opportunities to expand AVADO’s business inside the client
- Being part of the wider commercial team at AVADO, taking part in events, demos, marketing activities etc which help promote and expand the company commercially
- 2+ years’ experience in a management role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a fast-paced client-facing account management/sales or program management role, working with C-level and senior people in large companies
- Experience of selling and or delivering tech solutions into large organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Very strong commercial sales and analytical thinking skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Resilience and dedication to achieving challenging goals
- High IT and tech competency
- Desire to go the extra mile for clients and the business
- Comfortable in a high-growth environment, working at a fast pace and adjusting their course regularly
- An “owner” mind set – you’re somebody who will stop at nothing to help your clients and our company succeed
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.