In today’s world, the question is no longer ‘should I join a start-up?’, but instead ‘how do I join the right start-up?’
- Have you always wondered how to turn an idea into a fully-fledged business?
- Do you wish you had the networks and tools to be able to run your own start-up one day?
- Are you torn between the variety of consulting, the excitement of start-ups and the stability of corporate life?
- Are you curious, and want to keep learning whilst getting real business building experience?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
The BC Pioneer programme develops the future leaders of our tech ventures and scaleups. You will join Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s most successful venture builder, in a 2-year programme structured to provide you with all the necessary tools to be a successful digital entrepreneur.
It’s a unique opportunity: we offer the energy and excitement of start-up life, the intellectual challenge and variety of consulting and the influence and opportunities of a large business.
Our BC Pioneers will work across our 20 ventures, our investment team, our venture builder services, partner charities and our business incubator, working directly with the most senior stakeholders across our 3,000 strong team.
As well as on-the-job coaching and mentoring from our CEOs and Partners, throughout the course of the programme you will receive bespoke training, covering:
- Business Incubation
- Commercial Valuation
- Data Science
- Sales & Marketing
- Building High Performing Teams
With offices and opportunities in New York, Mumbai and across the UK, we expect the BC Pioneers to have an expansive career beyond the 2-year programme. This could mean joining one of our ventures, the central strategy team or building one of our next international offices. The role will include some travel to London or internationally.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally, but not strictly, around 2 years' experience working within a consultancy, financial services or start-up environment (though this is a guide and we welcome applications from those who with more or less than 2 years’ experience)
- A passion for start-ups and disruption, with ambitions to build your own venture in the future
- An analytical mindset, with a passion for putting data first to solve new problems in nascent industries
- The ability to be a self-starter and adapt to multiple roles in a variety of high-pace environments
- A passion for building your personal network and capacity to work well with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Energy, motivation, curiosity and passion for business growth and success
A bit about us:
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, SalaryFinance, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
Impact beyond profit:
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Venture building is what we do and when embarking on a career at BC you’re exposed to an environment unlike any other. From seed to exit, we support our ventures through this continuously evolving period of their life but as an employee of BC you are also in charge of building your own adventure.
The concept of ‘career adventuring’ is founded on developing your skills and providing you with the necessary tools, coupled with your own personal resilience and attitude to work. This approach is at the heart of BC’s training and development vision and we are committed to working with you to help you excel.
What we can offer you:
- Training and mentoring from experts who have sustainably scaled disruptive businesses that have transformed industries
- Rotation through sector-changing start-ups providing exposure to a range of problems and roles simply not available anywhere else
- The opportunity and platform to go on to something bigger and better at the helm of your own venture
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience, and generous benefits scheme
- A variety of informal learning and networking events through our networking programmes, which brings groups of people working in the same field together across our ventures, charities and other external organisations
- Additional learning and development programmes across the group for which all employees are eligible
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best and diverse talent.
This will involve an initial telephone conversation, followed by an invitation to come into our office to meet with the BC team over 2 stages. We aspire for every person invited into interview to find the process as interesting and engaging as we no doubt will.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.