UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT TO PLAY A REAL PART IN THE GROWTH OF AN AMBITIOUS COMPANY WITH AN AWESOME CULTURE… sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Tina Patel, our Group Financial Controller is looking for someone to own and drive forward the provision and evolution of first-class financial reporting to support the needs of multiple AVADO stakeholders. This role also comes with ample opportunity for exposure to the finance department of a growing company, and to implement finance processes from the get-go which will ensure that AVADO can provide excellent service to its learners and clients as it continues to grow.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
To deliver timely and accurate financial reporting you will be accountable for:
- Financial Reporting: Global responsibility for all financial reporting to a strict month end timetable
- Audit: Preparation of statutory accounts and provision of full audit evidence and documentation
- Treasury: Global responsibility for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual cash reporting
- Finance Processes & Systems: Creation and embedding of financial reporting processes and controls, in systems wherever possible
- Stakeholder Management: Working closely with other finance departments and develop working relationships with all departments across the business
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lies in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for and by our people, and guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- ACA qualified with 2-3 years of PQE, strong technical accounting expertise and excellent academics
- Experience of consolidations and in improving the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting processes
- Experience with Fast Growth, Multi Country, Multiple Legal entity business set up is advantageous
- Experience in managing teams working towards a common goal
- Self-starter with a proactive approach looking to building a career in a dynamic environment
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.