An opportunity to build and maintain a scalable, public cloud infrastructure for a learning platform for hundreds of thousands of learners per year at a fast-paced lifelong learning company…sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone who wants to focus on the scalability, reliability and efficiency of our learning platform. We’re looking for someone who brings a spirit of collaboration, an eye for quality and a passion for problem-solving to help us produce the highest quality learning for our global base of B2C and B2B learners.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
To help us continue to provide the highest quality learning content, you will be accountable for:
- Focusing on reliability, scalability and the development of cloud computing infrastructure.
- Managing large server farms based in Microsoft Azure
- Measuring the capability of our infrastructure and applications to manage failures from failovers to full site outages
- Automating the deployment and release process making sure continuous integration and continuous deployment is practiced
- Dealing with design issues, performance analysis, troubleshooting, capacity planning, networking and assessing application behaviour
- Collaborating with other SREs, developers, infrastructure engineers, product owners and learning technologists
- Pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for and by our people, and guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A collaborative, creative approach focused on pragmatic solutions rather than problems
- A passion to deliver high quality outcomes for users and stakeholders
- A ‘growth mindset’ – and a strong desire to keep learning
- A belief in the value of Lean & Agile methods
- A demonstrable desire to work at rapid pace, but within a structured process
- Comfortable presenting to small groups
- Clear, effective, succinct communication
- At least three years’ experience in either a developer, infrastructure or SRE role
- At least one year’s experience working with Linux from an ops / engineering perspective
- Desirable – experience in CI/CD/DevOps tools like Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Terraform, Docker
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s top brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.