Job Title: Azure SQL Database Developer
Reporting to: Enterprise Architect
Based: 45 The Poynt, Nottingham
- Be a part of an efficient, multi-skilled team with significant data architecture, design, development and integration expertise.
- Great opportunity to work in Fintech domain with data across multiple continents and multiple currencies in both structured and document databases.
- Work with cutting edge Data technologies and tools such as Azure Data Factory and PowerBI.
- Opportunity to grow by contributing to, and to shape Corporate data strategy, platform and data flows and integrations.
- Work in a city centre IT hub in Nottingham, opportunities abound to interact with other skilled data professionals
We are Liberis group and our purpose is to provide growing businesses across the world with simple, flexible funding to achieve their ambitions. Currently we are an ambitious growth trajectory with international expansion of our award-winning financial service offerings.
We are developing our technology platform rapidly to keep pace with our growth plans and are seeking experienced Azure SQL Data developers to join our growing and multi-skilled tech team.
You will be part of the Enterprise Data and Architecture team, which is responsible for implementing enterprise level international data and systems integrations. Our team primarily works on managing and building data ETL/Orchestration processes across business systems with OLTP / Data Warehouse services using a sophisticated Enterprise Service Bus.
Our IT team is geographically distributed in several locations across the world, and all our design, development, release and management processes are fine tuned to adapt to distributed agile development across different time zones. We work closely with all key business teams such as Operations, marketing, partnerships and finance to deliver on corporate group objectives.
Our team works primarily in Azure, using a wide range of technologies and cutting-edge data tools including Azure Data Factory, Azure ML etc. We use online monitoring tools and dashboards to monitor our services and use a distributed agile framework to schedule and track our iterative development.
As an Azure SQL Database Developer, you’ll be part of a team responsible for enterprise Data Warehouse and OLTP solutions spanning data aggregated across continents in an agile project delivery environment. You will work with Azure SQL Server, MongoDB/CosmosDB, Azure Data Factory and PowerBI, among other tools, gaining opportunities to learn some of the most advanced and innovative techniques in the cloud data space.
You will be involved in the development, build, test and deployment of end user solutions, with responsibility for the design, implementation and documentation of the technical aspects, including integration to ensure the solution to meets business requirements. You will be working closely with architects, product owners, developers, analysts and team leaders to plan, build and roll out data driven solutions.
- Proven expertise in developing SQL and T-SQL with Azure SQL Server while interacting with other Azure logic/compute resources
- Expertise in writing efficient Queries, Triggers, Functions and Stored Procedures in Azure SQL
- Ability to build SQL data interfaces to API Calls across domains and internet
- Ability to write efficient data pipelines for ETL using Azure Data Factory or equivalent tools
- Creation and management of data feeds utilising both structured (ex XML/JSON) and flat schemas (ex CSV,TXT,XLSX) across a wide range of electronic delivery mechanisms (API/SFTP/etc )
- Demonstrated knowledge of data aggregation and data warehouse concepts (data normalization, star/snowflake schema, etc.)
- Significant relevant experience as a rounded Azure SQL database developer, including the development of ETL, integration, data auditing, reporting and testing.
- Have full project life cycle experience and a keen interest in designing and delivering data solutions, engaging with customers and internal stakeholders to achieve the required outcomes.
- Experience using agile development methodologies, version control systems and repositories.
- A good applied understanding of the end-to-end software development life cycle.
- A good working knowledge of data warehouse methodology using Azure SQL db.
- A good working knowledge of the Azure platform and the ability to leverage it’s different resources to implement solutions.
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines, keep momentum and deal with conflicting priorities in an environment undergoing a programme of transformational change.
- The ability to contribute and adhere to standards, have excellent attention to detail and be strongly driven by quality.
- The ability to work closely with architects, developers, analysts and product owners to plan, build and roll out data driven solutions.
- Working knowledge of data science is a big plus
- Microsoft SQL Certifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present concepts and ideas in business-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen, attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as working independently.