AVADO exists to help everyone achieve their potential, with lifelong learning that works. Our digitally-powered learning gives people and businesses all over the world the critical skills they need to succeed in today's rapidly changing world - and tomorrow's. Our unique approach to lifelong learning combines deep expertise, collaborative learning, scalable technology and award-winning learning design to deliver experiences that have real impact. Our goal is to reinvent learning for fulfilling lifelong careers.
AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY. We have partnerships with the Google Digital Academy and the CIPD, offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York and we are backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s largest venture builder.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will exist to help grow what is essentially a new business division and will be a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organisation. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the company’s revenues over the next five years, with the initial focus on the UK and parts of EMEA, but with wider international ambitions.
The Corporate Account Director will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing a portfolio of high-value customers within a sector. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth and exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organisation.
- Identify and secure new business through successful solution selling of the AVADO/Arch product portfolio as well as strategic account growth
- Build strong and long-term network within specific industry sectors at HRD and L&D Director level and C-Suite
- Build vibrant sales pipeline to meet annual target expectations the consists of the full AVADO product portfolio
- Produce sales presentations using existing collateral libraries to match clients’ needs and expectations
- Provide clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts with clients
- Develop and grow existing account relationships through deep understanding of client needs
The ideal candidate
- Strong commercial leader with a track record of growing revenues at scale from global corporates via effective and efficient account management
- Preferred but not essential interest in those with Digital, Data, Technology and Professional learning
- Experience in L&D and HR is highly valued, however the ability to consult on and sell complex solutions in a digitally disrupted, fast moving industry is key
- Must be an engaging leader, with high ambition, and the ability to drive and motivate.
Experience and skills
- 5-10 years of corporate sales experience, with personal and direct responsibility for revenue targets
- A strong command of the learning buyer ecosystem
- Experience and ability to manage complex and lengthy sales cycles
- The ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients
- The ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with global corporate decision makers (Director+ level)
- A demonstrable track record of high performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset and practice: you enjoy working as part of a team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- A highly intelligent person, analytical and curious but also grounded and pragmatic
- Somebody comfortable with ambiguity and dealing with changing business situations, in fact someone who thrives in this environment
- A down to earth, hands-on operator capable of working in a collaborative and effective manner with colleagues of all levels
- Confident with gravitas, a natural, authentic leader
- A superb communicator and influencer
What we think we can offer you:
- Leadership of a growing and ambitious function in a VC-backed company operating in one of digital’s most exciting and growing spaces - EdTech
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast-paced and exciting challenge which is well-funded and actively supported by encouraging investors
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.