Job Title: Head of US Risk
Reporting to: Director of Decisioning
Based: Denver, Colorado
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and I’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of around 125 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavor to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and team members succeed. Come and join us on our journey, and help us transform the finance industry!
You will play a critical role in supporting our expansion into the US by ensuring that credit losses are well managed while we deliver a high accept rate for our marketing partners and a great application experience and compelling product for the end customer.
- Agree and deliver on credit loss and approval rate goals
- Determine which segments of customers we approve, and what we offer them, by setting both targeting and underwriting policies, taking customer experience into account
- Forecast and track performance of account tranches and segments, understanding current trends, risks and opportunities
- Manage, or be the key customer of, our manual underwriters
- Leverage our (UK-based) Data Science and Analytics teams to have a robust understanding of our product economics and pricing and deliver on your goals
- Act as an analytical leader across the Liberis business, and work closely with coworkers in Marketing, Operations and Finance to ensure that the product meets their needs and can be supported by them.
- Extremely strong understanding of credit risk management in the US Financial Services industry (ideally in SMB finance)
- Detailed working knowledge of credit scoring and related data sources and tools. Can work with large data sets, manipulating data, and analyze and interpret data from various sources. Expert data extraction, mining & manipulation skills
- Strong understanding of unit economics and NPVs
- Extremely strong excel and SQL skills required
- Can take a joined-up view of the business and connect previously unrelated facts to identify opportunities
- A persuasive communicator, able to convey complex data in a logical and easy-to-understand style
- A robust and resilient self-starter with a track record of strong commercial delivery
- People management experience required, with the comfort to lead a team as required/we grow or to work hand-on as needed
- The interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Able to act proactively and with limited direct supervision, while at the same time recognising when matters need to be referred
What we offer in return
- Being part of a new entrant to the market with a mission to provide a convenient access to good-value working capital for SMBs
- A dynamic and fun working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits