Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Reports to: VP of Corporate Partnerships
Location: New York
AVADO is an exciting and fast paced EdTech company; we help individuals and organizations grow with a ‘Learning that works’ methodology; AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programs to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including Estee Lauder, Twitter, Merck, UNICEF, EY, Metlife and Dentsu Aegis.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google, Tableau and the CIPD building high quality digital learning programs and, with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO specifically helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in two core areas:
- AVADO Digital (Digital marketing/leaders/business transformation via Squared Online developed alongside Google)
- AVADO Professional (HR, Learning & Development, Accounting and Finance)
- Arch Apprentices (Apprenticeships in the UK)
AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive VC group (being backed by Blenheim Chalcot).
This role will exist to help grow what is essentially a new business division and will be a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organisation. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the company’s revenues over the next five years.
The Senior Sales Manager will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing a portfolio of high-value customers within a sector. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth and exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organisation.
- Identify and secure new business in the region of $1.5M per year through successful solution selling of AVADO product portfolio as well as strategic account growth
- Build strong and long-term network within specific industry sectors at HRD and L&D Director level and C-Suite
- Build vibrant sales pipeline to meet annual target expectations
- Produce sales presentations using existing collateral libraries to match clients’ needs and expectations
- Provide clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts with clients
- Develop and grow existing account relationships through deep understanding of client needs
- Manage sales executive
- 8+ years of corporate sales experience, with personal and direct responsibility for revenue targets and teams
- A strong command of the digital ecosystem
- Experience and ability to manage complex and lengthy sales cycles
- The ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients
- The ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with global corporate decision makers (Director+ level)
- A demonstrable track record of high performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- An entrepreneurial mind set and practice: you enjoy working as part of a team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- Strong commercial leader with a track record of growing revenues at a global scale via effective and efficient account management
- Preferred but not essential interest in those with Digital, Technological, Pharmaceutical, Insurance, or Retail Banking industry expertise and networks to help shape our go to market proposition in these sectors
- Experience in L&D and HR is highly valued, however the ability to consult on and sell complex solutions in a digitally disrupted, fast moving industry is key
- Must be an engaging leader, with high ambition, and the ability to drive and motivate.
- Team player with recognized collaboration and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to build relationships, present ideas, and lead people to support business goals
- A highly analytical and curious but also grounded and pragmatic person
- Somebody comfortable with ambiguity and dealing with changing business situations, in fact someone who thrives in this environment
- A down to earth, hands-on operator capable of working in a collaborative and effective manner with colleagues of all levels
- Confident with gravitas, a natural, authentic leader
- A superb communicator and influencer
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.