ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Instructional Designer, you will design learning materials for face to face, bite sized and collaborative student-led online courses. Working closely with AVADO’s product teams, SMEs and corporate clients, you will develop high quality, screen-ready content to challenging timescales, based on frameworks that emphasise social, collaborative and task-based learning.
We’re looking for a practitioner who can produce a very high standard of instructionally sound and clear content using an approach and language appropriate to the subject matter and the intended outcomes. You must be an excellent team worker with a creative mindset and passion for digital learning who can hit the ground running.
It's your chance to be at the forefront of designing high quality learning solutions to meet the growing digital needs of different industries.
- Create design guides incorporating collaborative student-led activities, using Moodle as the primary learning tool
- Take ownership of aspects of the instructional design and educational approach to ensure our learning solutions are aligned with the curriculum aims, objectives and content. This includes:
- Ensuring integrity across generic and custom variations
- Ensuring alignment between different courses for the same client
- Localisation of content for relevance to specific audiences
- Design activities incorporating appropriate tools and technologies to engage students and help them to achieve the relevant learning objectives
- Ensure both the activities and the content of the course are aligned with the learning objectives and ambitions of our students
- Collaborate as part of diverse teams (SMEs, tutors, content reviewers, learning technologists, creatives and student community teams) to ensure a high-quality, polished product with instructionally sound and clear content
- Produce clear and concise documentation that guides the course development for team members and colleagues across the business to agreed timelines and quality levels
- Collaborate with other Instructional Designers, Learning Technologists, Graphic Designers and others to improve AVADO’s approach to digital learning
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure the ongoing development and evolution of new and existing courses, including:
- Continuous iteration in test-and-learn cycles to respond to the market’s needs and feedback
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the industry through regular reviews with SMEs
- Attending regular content review cycles, and implementing agreed changes
Experience & Skills required
- Experience in an established e-Learning / education provider or in an appropriate dedicated function (e.g. an e-learning team)
- Deep understanding of a range of instructional design methods, learning theory and practice and demonstrable experience of applying these concepts
- Applied understanding of usability issues
- Ability to identify and relate to the student’s perspective and create a learning experience appropriate to that audience
- Awareness of common standards and formats (e.g. HTML, SCORM, etc.)
- Excellent writing, editing and layout skills used to compose a range of materials (e.g. instructional text, storyboards, etc.) in a variety of contexts and tones
- Familiarity with a standard production processes and methods (e.g. storyboards, asset production, etc.)
- Awareness of the latest developments in digital learning
- Working knowledge of Moodle
- Experience of teaching, preferably online
- Experience designing and producing video content
- Awareness of mobile and responsive design (e.g. HTML5 and Bootstrap)
- An approach that is pragmatic and logical
- A great communicator who is full of energy, positivity and builds great relationships
- Articulate and analytical, educated to degree level (preferably 2:1 or above)
- Decisive, independent worker with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and an ability to understand and follow processes and systems
- Adaptable, able to learn quickly and use own initiative, and thrives under pressure
- Fluent written English with exceptional grammar skills and outstanding written communication skills.
What we think we can offer you:
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast-paced and exciting challenge which is well-funded and actively supported by encouraging investors
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.