ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will join a team of developers based in London (with an extended team in Mumbai), as part of a larger Technology team. You will be working with other developers, product owners and learning technologists to extend and enhance our Moodle-based platform to support hundreds of thousands of online learners.
Above all, your team’s work will help hundreds of thousands of online learners to develop their professional and digital skills each year.
What you’ll do:
- Build our learning platform (based on Moodle) which powers all AVADO courses
- Deliver high quality code, working in an environment that embraces DevOps methods
- Collaborate with other developers, product owners and learning technologists
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Facilitate technical scoping, provide technical leadership and evangelise modern coding standards & best practice
- Investigate, debug and resolve issues reported by issues both internal and external
- Evangelise Scrum across the team
- Line manage a small number of developers
Who you are:
- You are experienced with modern OOP coding standards.
- Understand and can implement S.O.L.I.D principles
- You care about front and back end web technologies, from the UI to the database
- You can tell us about the projects and teams that you’ve worked with, and the problems that you’ve solved together
- Familiarity with some or all of: PHP5, PHP7, Behat/Gherkin, PHPUnit; HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 3, Git/Bitbucket/JIRA, Linux, Nginx, Apache, Object-oriented PHP
- Experience with at least one MVC framework i.e. symphony, Laravel, slim etc..
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and an understanding of server administration
Who you are:
- To work in an amazing, vibrant and collaborative development team
- Opportunity for travel – London based staff will travel to Mumbai on a semi-regular basis for short visits.
- Strong executive support for your team
- The opportunity to use the latest development tools and methods
What we think we can offer you:
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast-paced and exciting challenge which is well-funded and actively supported by encouraging investors
AVADO Learning is the UK’s leading EdTech company; we help individuals and organisations grow with a ‘Learning that works’ methodology; AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO Learning has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google and the CIPD, building high quality digital learning programmes with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in a variety of areas including:
- Digital marketing/leaders/business transformation via Squared Online (developed alongside Google)
- HR and L&D via our award-winning courses developed in exclusive partnership with the CIPD
- Accounting and Finance where we have successful, award-winning courses with the AAT and ACCA.
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.