Liberis is a leading alternative finance provider offering simple, flexible funding to help businesses thrive and achieve their ambitions.
Established in 2007, in a space where traditional banking and loan models were unable to meet the needs of UK businesses, we provide finance based on business potential, not just credit history. Through our Business Cash Advance, we link repayments directly to cash flow - so businesses only repay us when their customers pay them!
To date Liberis has helped over 9,000 businesses and advanced over £280m in funding. Through funding small businesses in the UK, we’re striving to support an estimated 100,000 jobs by 2020, and each and every role at Liberis plays a huge part in supporting this.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
The Liberis family sits across two UK offices and are currently a team of around 100 people, growing significantly month on month. We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. Not to mention our active commitment to well-being (physical, mental and financial) and employee diversity in the workplace.
We have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best Workplace for Women and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing!
We seek to leverage our team, which is rich in diverse people, talent and ideas. We are committed to a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from all walks of life, regardless of gender, race, or background. Positivity and individuality in employees is important in any company, but to us it’s the very heart of our business.
You’ll join a small product team made up of passionate generalists with an active feedback culture. Your job will be to work across several product delivery teams to deliver best-in-class customer and product experiences at scale.
You will evaluate and come up with ideas to improve our customer and partner funding platform by analysing existing data and seeking out additional insight. You will also turn those ideas into user stories, coordinate sprint planning, test new functionality, and train other teams on the latest improvements. This a great opportunity for someone who wants dive head first into product management by learning on the job, driving impactful changes to users. You don’t need to be an expert in any of these areas, but ready to do whatever is top priority and to take advantage of an environment that promotes ownership from all members of the team.
Key Responsibilities will vary but will typically include:
Being on top of the performance of our products.
- Gathering and distilling product feedback from a variety of sources including web analytics, conversion metrics, user research, and customer-facing teams at Liberis to help prioritize the most impactful product improvements
- Understanding the wider context of our customers by monitoring competitors and the SME market, to assess opportunities for our products
Driving product improvements
- Translating user problems into product changes, working with product managers, designers, and engineers to build features, clearly articulating the motivation behind initiatives
- Writing and testing user stories, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure details are thought through and clearly articulated
- Supporting prioritization decisions with data and maintaining our product backlogs so time and energy is spent on things customers really care about
Launching functionality and monitoring results
- Communicating with teams across the business on delivery progress and results, always relating our development back to the customer need
- Quickly getting on top of any bugs raised, investigating the root cause, then prioritising the solution
Everyone is different – there is no single background or experience that will determine success in this role. Rather, you have to be ready to learn, keen to get things done and able to use a variety of data sources to make decisions. We think you’ll need:
- Customer centricity that anchors you, enables you to see beyond the noise and stay focused on delivering for our customers.
- Comfort and sophistication dealing with data and metrics, not only for your own consumption but that you can easily articulate to others
- Hunger to make an impact on Liberis’ business, driving urgency while being open to new ideas and embracing change
- Clear and open communication to develop strong relationships across the business
- Organization to manage multiple types of tasks and not drop the ball
- Passion for problem solving, staying positive and overcoming obstacles while digging until you hit the core
If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. We look forward to chatting with you.
What we offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 22 days increasing to 25 with each complete year of service
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellness programme – yoga, running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, subsidised food at the Hive
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials