Blenheim Chalcot (BC) is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups to transform industries. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a number of sectors including FinTech, EdTech, Media and more.
It is a cohesive group and we have a strong culture built around curious, engaging and innovative people. Working alongside entrepreneurs and co-founders, we support our ventures from start-up to scale to exit, giving them access to the global networks and services they need to grow.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We host our start-ups in incubator space; one in the heart of Hammersmith, another in White City, in the centre of Nottingham, Mumbai and New York, all are homes to a buzzing mix of fast growth digital start-ups. We currently have 19 companies in the portfolio which vary in stage from seed to venture to growth to scaling.
One of our key differentiators in the market is the strength of our networks across industry, government, academia and investment and this together with our venture building experience and services means that we genuinely accelerate the growth and success of our portfolio companies more significantly, quickly and sustainably.
BLENHEIM CHALCOT VENTURE BUILDER and INVESTMENT SERVICES
We provide a range of services to help new businesses get off the ground as well as to help more established businesses access best practice tools, solutions, investment, advice and expertise.
We support our businesses delivering the following services: o HR, L&D and Talent o Technology o Go to Market services o Legal and Tax o Finance and accounting o Property o Investment
Working for the Talent and Capability Director, this lynchpin role will manage the centrally delivered capability development programmes and resources across BC.
- Support the Talent and Capability Director in developing an ambitious, effective and deliverable plan for BC’s centrally managed capability development programmes and resources,with a specific focus on Talent and resourcing, L&D and HR
- Take accountability for the day-to-day delivery of this plan - designing, delivering, tracking and evaluating all initiatives and ensuring excellent communication of plans, progress and results to all key stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to the operating budget for talent recruitment and learning; working closely with each venture to understand their capability needs and budget availability and plan programmes and deliverables according to that
- Work very closely with key HR & L&D leaders across BC portfolio companies to ensure their most important needs are met and to establish a vibrant and highly effectively community.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience working in a People function, with a particular focus on change and process improvement
- Experience in project management and delivery, ideally within HR, L&D or Talent
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills – an ability to get things done, under time pressure, working creatively with resources from a variety of backgrounds
- A flexible and adaptable approach, paired with an ability to manage complex and ambiguous challenges
- A positive, can-do attitude, proactivity and resilience
- Experience in working in a fast-paced digital business
- The confidence and experience to work with multiple senior stakeholders, sometimes pushing back where necessary to ensure rapid, pragmatic progress against the highest priorities
- Ideally, experience of developing and delivering capability development programmes – with a good understanding of best practice as applied to a fast-paced dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- We will consider well suited candidates from a broad-range of academic backgrounds and career paths – the key is that the person has the passion, ability, drive and cultural fit to make a major impact in this critical area for BC.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be generous
- Understand getting the best out of people is better for everyone; be supportive
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Team work – is collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results,
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness – collaborative and supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Chance to be a part of, impact and learn from the UK’s leading digital venture builder
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- Starting salary of: £35-40k depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus – up to 10% depending on performance
- 25 days of paid holidays • Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Perkbox, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day
We will look to invite interviewees into our own incubator; a 30,000sft venture hub office based in Hammersmith, home to a mix of BC digital start-ups.
Our approach is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation