Job Title: Head of People, Contentive
Reports to: CEO, Contentive
Location: I-Hub White City, London
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more, please visit:
We at Contentive are looking for an experienced and aspiring Talent and HR professional to join our management team and help to implement and deliver the Contentive people strategy.
This role will provide Contentive a differentiating advantage in:
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management
- Employee Engagement
- Employment Relations
The Head of People will be responsible for will work in partnership with the senior leadership team, to deliver a high quality, proactive Talent and HR function.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Coaching managers through the employee lifecycle,
- With a particular focus on talent acquisition,
- Talent management,
- Employee relations issues,
- Getting into the detail and supporting Managers,
- Leaders on their people needs and working on projects to support and enhance business.
Work closely with the BC Talent Team on attraction campaigns and sourcing channels
Lead the talent acquisition agenda for the group, and be a community leader within our businesses; developing relationships senior leaders and managers who need to hire talent
Advise hiring managers on job specifications, ensuring salaries are bench marked, clarify candidate skill sets, conduct competency-based interviews with hiring managers and support them throughout the decision-making process
Develop and implement new and existing cost-effective candidate sourcing strategies for direct hires
Manage all third-party supplier relationships and review agreements on a quarterly basis.
Manage the 360 hiring process and support hiring managers with interviews
Shape how Contentive talent is viewed to the external candidate market
Work on projects focused on our techniques and processes to establish our new team as a best in class recruitment function
Manage all recruitment approvals by working in partnership with CEO and FD
Using MI to educate the business on the importance of hiring and getting it right
Lead and drive the implementation of talent initiatives/tools/processes/interventions.
Work with the senior management team on their approaches to succession planning, development planning, organisational capability review, coaching, mentoring and 360° assessments.
Present material and provide expert guidance to stakeholders on talent management related matters
Partner with Senior management to develop plans to enhance / drive engagement in line with Contentive values and business / department strategic direction
Implement and drive employee engagement through CSR, socials events
Implement an onboarding and induction program for all new starters across the group
Provide guidance and support with employee relations, including: performance management, investigations, disciplinaries and grievances, absence management, flexible working requests etc.
Review and advise on current and future employment law legislation to ensure the correct policies and procedures are in place.
Conduct new starter inductions and exit interviews
Work with the finance team on all people related costs including recruitment, benefits, learning and development.
Prepare quarterly people review with the CEO.
Provide regular reports on all Talent activities to the CEO and SLT
Provide Diversity reporting on a quarterly basis
Provide weekly updates to the CEO on all hiring activities
The ideal candidate will be an experience People Manager that can hit the ground running. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- High level of business acumen to ensure HR supports the needs of the business and minimises risk through effective policies and procedures
- Excellent communication – both written and oral, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to relate to all employees and management at all levels. Will need to have the gravitas to lead a diverse team and influence others
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve business performance through our people
- Highly ethical and confidential
- IT skills with the ability to use and Microsoft Office suite and HR systems
- Pragmatic and flexible, as will need to operate in a fast moving and changing environment
- Flexible, adaptable approach – ability to flex between HR facilitation and hands on delivery
- Extensive HR generalist experience of handling diverse HR issues
- Extensive talent acquisitions and management experience involved in hiring and retaining talent
- CIPD HR Qualified – Level 5 preferred
- Experience of managing or implementing effective HR programmes such as performance management, incentive schemes and talent management
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Cobans, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day and lunch every Wednesday
- Flexible working hours (Tue – Thu)
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone