Head of Buildings and Projects
At Accelerate Places we are on a mission to create the best places for businesses to grow. We are backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading digital venture builder who are behind some of the UK’s most successful start-ups.
We want our locations to be the best place to build a business and our goal is to take away all the hassles of managing an office, so our customers can focus on what is important – growing their businesses.
Delivering a great product requires us to have great buildings, designed, built and fitted out well and well looked after. We want to meet our customers’ needs and to be responsive to their requests – which means we need to be great at projects, including developing standards for supplies, equipment and approach to construction.
This role is key to delivering our vision!
You’ll be responsible for delivering and maintaining the physical structure of our buildings and delivery of key building related projects. Working with our interior designer, our facilities team and our network of external consultants and suppliers, you’ll make sure our buildings are well designed, well maintained and deliver a great environment to enable successful operational delivery.
As part of this, you’ll help to develop our building intellectual property, “know-how” and standards. Whether its carpet tile choice, desk supplier or space allocation, you’ll develop our set of standards and policies that we can use to “fast track” new projects and ensure cost effective procurement.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage key building projects
- New site development / refurbishment
- Internal client-led design changes
- Own the overall look and feel of our buildings
- Regular maintenance programmes to ensure reliability of key building systems and compliance with building regulations
- Delivery of key facilities activities including cleaning, decoration and repairs
- Own the Accelerate Places standards and policies for procurement of physical equipment in buildings and for use of contractors and consultants
- Drive reduction in costs and improvement in delivery quality
- You will work closely with the Managing Director and Head of Client Services in support of the delivery of our buildings to meet our clients’ needs.
- Strong project delivery skills and experience
- Inquisitive forward-thinking mind set – able to research, evaluate and recommend solutions
- Influencing skills
- People management
- Contract management
- Supplier management
- Budgeting / financial monitoring / Ordering & Invoicing
- Ambitious, self-starter
· Drive for results
· Focus on end customer and quality delivery
· Plans and organises well
· Manages multiple projects well
· Looks for best value and overall impact of investments, spends money wisely
· Negotiates well with suppliers to create mutually beneficial commercial terms
· Clear communicator
· Embracing and leading change
· Collaborates well with others (team and Members)
· Influences and builds relationships
· Creative in approach, looks for new ideas outside of the status quo
· Restless to improve
· Strategic thinker elevates above the detail
· Keeps going when faced with challenges, remaining positive and optimistic
About Accelerate Places
Accelerate Places is passionate about creating a creative growth orientated working environment for our members and an ecosystem that drives innovation and collaboration.
We’re backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading ‘Venture Builder’, so we know a bit about building and supporting growth businesses. We’ve started up over 40 in the last 20 years.
At the heart of Accelerate Places is one priority – to make our members able to focus on the development of their business and take away all the other fuss. This is reflected in everything you will see – from reception to town hall and collaboration space.
We currently have major operating sites in London, Manchester and Nottingham and are expanding the portfolio quickly to keep up with the growth of our companies and that of our external members.