Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, Agilisys, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be collaborative
- Understand getting the best out of people is better for everyone; be supportive
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data
- Keep going when the going gets tough, be open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment; be resilient
- Keep promises, drive to achieve, commit to deliver high quality work; be dependable
- Knowing why we are doing something and that it matters makes us better at what we do: be clear on
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide outstanding 1:1 support to a member of the Executive team at Blenheim Chalcot, across all areas of business and personal support. Working closely with the other members of the EA team, you’ll be an integral part at the heart of BC. The Executive has a wide variety of business, charity and social interests, and needs someone who has superb organisational skills who can keep up with the pace of the role.
- Sole responsibility for managing a complex set of engagements - business and personal appointments
- High volume of internal and external meeting coordination
- Facilitating the seamless running of every day – greeting guests, preparing meeting rooms, timekeeping etc
- Reacting swiftly and efficiently to short notice changes
- Having the tenacity to ensure tasks are seen through to completion
- Attending board meetings, taking minutes and actions
- Liaising both internally and externally with Board members, key stakeholders and clients
- Co-ordinating travel, hotels, visa etc
- Personal tasks as required – travel research, creating itineraries, some property management aspects, vehicle management etc
- Personal and business administrative duties
- As with this type of role, ad hoc tasks as required!
- 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong MS Outlook/Word/Powerpoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal English, used to drafting business correspondence
- Experience within a start-up culture preferred but not essential
- Highly organised and systematic
- Able to troubleshoot issues before they become problematic, and proactively anticipate priorities
- Ability to exercise discreetness around sensitive and business issues
- Supreme efficiency and attention to detail with the ability to adeptly multi-task
- Patience, tenacity and flexibility, with a calm and “unflappable” nature
- Self-initiative – solution driven and able to think quickly on your feet
- Ideally a past record of organising events, but not essential
- An excellent memory for names/faces/dates etc
- “No task too small” attitude, happy to get stuck in and get things done
- Ability to build positive working relationships and work well with colleagues and stakeholders at all seniorities
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Team work - brings others together to deliver results, elevates others, develops people
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Salary between £35,000-50,000, depending on experience
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Perkbox, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day!
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic, interesting environment
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent
We will look to invite interviewees into our offices to meet with a small group of key people you would be working with.
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.