Job Title: HR Business Partner, Blenheim Chalcot
Reports to: CFO, Blenheim Chalcot
Location: Hammersmith, London
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, Agilisys, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things;be curious
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be collaborative
- Understand getting the best out of people is better for everyone; be supportive
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data
- Keep going when the going gets tough, be open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment; be resilient
- Keep promises, drive to achieve, commit to deliver high quality work;be dependable
- Knowing why we are doing something and that it matters makes us better at what we do: be clear on purpose.
We are looking for a new HR Business Partner to join in what will be an exciting opportunity to deliver leading Human Resource services to Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio ventures. The successful HR BP will support a small team that provides Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio of businesses a differentiating advantage in:
- Managing fast-paced change at Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio ventures
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Managing employee relations
- Building a HR network across Blenheim Chalcot
- Using OKRs and reviews to align people and strategy
The HR BP will be responsible for the Human Resources offering to Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio companies. This will involve delivering HR services to the Blenheim Chalcot Venture Builder Services business, alongside a number of the ventures across the portfolio and seed ventures still in incubation.
- Managing an HR department both internally and externally for BC portfolio companies
- Ownership of HR systems Core HR, micro surveys and reviews/OKRs
- Acting as the point of contact for line managers, employees and other HR team members, and dealing with various HR queries throughout the business and ventures
- Managing payroll, benefits, onboarding and offboarding
- Developing strong working relationships with a wide range of CEOs and business leaders
- Producing HR initiatives to drive growth across a range of tech start-ups at varying stages of maturity and growth
- Creating core HR processes flexible enough to be rolled out across a diverse group of ventures
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation
- Providing advice and assistance on policies, procedures, and legislation
- Creating and implementing best practice HR processes and policies
- Managing multiple employee relations issues to resolution
- Responsibility for managing the HR budget
The ideal candidate will be a HR Business Partner working in the tech start-up space. It is essential that successful applicant is comfortable delivering HR both internally and across a diverse group of start-ups. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- CIPD qualified to level 7
- 4 years’ experience of working in HR with at least 2 at HRBP level
- Will ideally have experience in both start-ups and corporate environments
- Experienced at managing a wide range of stakeholders
- Line management experience is essential
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary 10 % bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits, including Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries, Dental Cashplan
- Free fruit every day
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Our process includes:
- First round – two interviews with a combination of Managers, peers and a psychometric test
- Second round – Interviews with Directors and a case study
We would be keen for the candidate to start as soon as possible, but it is more important to us to find the right person and we able to respect notice periods of up to 3 months.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone