Telesales Manager £29k with a £50k+ OTE
Achieve or exceed agreed revenue and conversion targets through effective recruitment, training and ongoing management of a sales team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of revenue, unit and cancellation targets as set by the business
- Deliver KPI consistency across all team members in line with standards as set by the business
- Manage all team members in line with the AVADO values and business objectives including the proactive identification of improvement opportunities
- Provide direction and leadership to team members including an extensive and effective coaching programme
- Lead the delivery of sales induction training in conjunction with the training manager and targeted follow ups as required
- Identify team member’s development areas through regular weekly/monthly training sessions to include “Side-by-Side” and “Remote” training in line with the preferred methods as implemented by the business
- Liaises daily with the Head of Telesales to report variances to performance and to set agent targets with a view to optimising the opportunities to exceed target
- Actively manage absenteeism and lateness in line with the company HR procedures
- Manage holidays and ensure adequate cover to ensure targets are still achieved
- Manage performance of individuals and addresses any shortfall in performance quickly within the company policies and procedures
- Monitoring performance of team members against both revenue, units and KPI targets with documented weekly/monthly performance reviews to address performance variances where necessary
- Validate team members monthly commission submissions
- Responsible for both individual team members and the overall teams’ development through extensive coaching and training in conjunction with the Training Manager
- Responsible for recruiting agents in conjunction with the Head Of Telesales to ensure head count is maintained at levels stated by the business
- Quality check all team members’ competencies and KPI performance on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes product knowledge, sales structure, productivity and behavioural observations and assessments which incorporate appropriate feedback
- Conduct disciplinary meetings competently should a situation arise
- Acts as first point of referral for queries/complaints
- To comply with health and safety standards, ensuring safe practices and good housekeeping is applied according to company policy
- Attend meetings and contribute to department strategy and policy making as required.
- Plan and implement motivational strategies and activities.
- Extensive proven Team Leader/Team Manager experience within a proactive outbound sales environment which utilises a mix of contact strategies e.g. webchat/email/telephony
- Experience in training/coaching/mentoring sales personnel, to include development of bespoke development plans for front line sales staff
- Proven experience and success in delivering high revenue targets within a B2C/B2B inside sales environment
- Personality Attributes & Skills:
- Excellent people skills. Able to influence, motivate and develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Structured, highly organised with a competent or advanced skillset with MS Office and CRM packages
- Ability to respond in a fast-moving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills that illustrate a real self-managing personality
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.