Job and Person Specification
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Reporting to: Head of Data Science
Based: Glen House, Hammersmith
Liberis is a leading alternative finance provider offering simple, flexible and transparent funding to help small businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established in 2007, in a space where traditional banking and loan models were unable to meet the needs of UK businesses, we provide finance based on business potential, not just credit history. Through our Business Cash Advance, we link repayments directly to cash flow - so businesses only repay us when their customers pay them!
To date Liberis has helped over 8,000 businesses and advanced over £240m in funding. We’re striving to support an estimated 100,000 jobs by 2020, and each and every role at Liberis plays a huge part in supporting this.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
The Liberis family sits across two UK offices, 6 teams, and around 90 people – and we’re growing significantly month on month!
With our staff at the very heart of what we do, we’re dedicated to fostering a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. Not to mention our active commitment to mental well-being and employee diversity in the workplace; encouraging applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion or background.
Earlier this year we were also formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations.
This role will be central to our Data Science team’s vision of collection and use of data to deliver new products that our customers can't access anywhere else.
This is an opportunity to learn on the job in a small team of analysts who are using data and cutting-edge techniques to revolutionise the business. You will drive our growth agenda moving forward and will have immediate responsibility and high levels of senior management interaction.
• Innovative data collection and use to develop and deliver finance products for our customers
• Working with our Product team to establish what customers will value
• Collaborating with IT to deliver tech solutions using data
• Liaising with external providers and maximising our value from their product
• Constantly challenging requirements of our application process using data from customers
We think you’ll need
• Drive to make your recommendations happen
• A collaborative mindset and willingness to work with a wide range of teams to deliver data products
• Proficiency in one of Python or R, as well as SQL
• Ability to convey complex findings in a logical and easy-to-understand style
What we offer in return
• Excellent company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
• Performance related bonus
• Holiday entitlement - 25 days a year
• Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
• Flexible working and a culture that prioritises your development, including time in the office