Senior Sales Manager
New York – Full Time, ClickZ & Search Engine Watch
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial sales leader to spearhead the growth of our innovative media, content and events business in New York.
It’s an exciting opportunity to lead and grow a sales team in an industry that is seeing rapid growth, backed by the UK’s largest venture builder.
Summary of the role
You will be responsible for sales of our branded media and events products to targeted accounts. Putting our customers first, you will be working as part of a small but ambitious team, and will be exposed to prospecting, new business development, account management and renewals.
- Full accountability and responsibility for meeting & exceeding monthly revenue targets
- Prospecting, new business development, account management and renewals
- Manage the creation of sales collateral and engaging case-studies
- Demonstrate credible and effective engagement with relevant client stakeholders, decision makers and influencers
- Maintain full, accurate and timely CRM records for all client and prospect activity
- Engaging senior management in sales opportunities where appropriate
- Travel to meet key clients across the US
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to persuade and negotiate
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate at all levels
- Ability to prepare and present high-quality sales proposals and tender responses
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work alone and with colleagues
- Ability to fully understand and convey value propositions
- A knowledge of sales based CRM (ideally Salesforce) is preferable not not required
- Ability to create and deliver sales presentations to internal and external customers with credibility.
- Knowledge of / experience with the digital marketing industry
- Full range of Medical, Dental and Vision with a majority of the monthly premiums covered by ClickZ
- A 401K plan with company match
- 20 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 9 public paid holiday
ClickZ is a fast-paced digital marketing media and events company that creates industry leading content to engage with its community of over 1.3 million digital marketers.
Search EngineWatch is the community destination for SEO experts. Search Engine Watch provides tips and information about searching the web, analysis of the search engine industry.
We help marketing technology providers (like Hubspot), and agencies (like GroupM) connect with our readers and subscribers to build brand awareness and generate highly qualified leads.
To do this, we use the latest marketing technology and content marketing strategies to build multi-touch engagement and nurturing campaigns.
ClickZ and Search Engine Watch is part of the Contentive Media group and is backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s largest venture builder with over 3,000 employees and annual sales of over $400M.
More about Contentive
Founded in 2012, Contentive now has over 100 employees in London and New York and is continuing to expand.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. We like to challenge the norm and build sales leaders for the future.