Discover The Blenheim Chalcot Data Science Graduate Programme
Have you ever wondered how Amazon knows to recommend the phone charger you just broke? Or how Spotify knows what song you want to listen to next?
Do you ask yourself questions like: Are the stumpy trees good enough? How can I stop my ReLUs from dying? Is this NP-hard? The RNNs are discriminative enough, but what have we learned? Can I refactor this write this in half the amount of codes?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for curious graduates who want to go beyond the algorithms, to solve complex real industry problems that will accelerate growth transform industries.
What you’ll get…
- The Data Science graduate programme is an 18-month opportunity where you will…
Solve Big Industry Problems: You’ll work on projects where you’ll need to assess current business problems, investigate business needs, apply data science techniques to real life problems and implement solutions. Some of the problems you might be working on involves how natural language processing can categorise content or how to use AI to build a music talent discovery platform.
- Work in a start-up environment: In large corporates, it’s easy for graduates to be swallowed up and not see the impact of the work they’re doing or feel like they’re accountable. In a start-up environment, it’s quite the opposite. You’ll gain huge exposure into how tech companies are built and be supported while taking ownership of work that really matters. You’ll learn how to develop solutions in a fail fast and safe environment that focuses on developing transformative innovation.
- Become tomorrow’s leaders: You won’t just become a Data Scientist, you’ll develop the business analysis and entrepreneurial skills to apply your solutions to real life problems and deliver meaningful change. This is a great opportunity to build your career in one of the most exciting and watched fields in the world, learning from true innovators, in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Learn from Industry experts: We’ll train and support you on business-building approaches, and how data science can be applied to grow businesses. You’ll be trained in advanced engineering and machine learning. This will be taught by our highly qualified Data Scientists via lectures, seminars and hackathons. On top of that, you’ll receive a Business Analyst qualification on completion, accrediting you with core business and analytical skills.
Who we are looking for…
A career at Blenheim Chalcot isn’t like any other career. You’ll be joining a network of people working together to make a difference in their industries. We’re proud of the community of brilliant people we’re building; we believe it’s our strongest asset. If you want to be part of it and are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for graduates or second jobbers with a STEM discipline such as Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Theoretical Physics, Experimental Physics, Computer Science, or BSC (First Class or Second Class Upper Only), MSc, PhD.
But what we really care about is your mindset.
Most successful data scientists are not only good at creating algorithms and managing large data sets but also excel at communicating and understanding people’s problems. That’s why we have a set of values that guide who we hire, and how we approach data science:
• Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious
• Understand what people need, look beyond what they say; be empathetic
• Visualize what does not exist yet; be creative/ imaginative
• No one has all the solutions, be a team player/partner with others to find them; Embrace collaboration & partnership
To apply, please follow the link and submit your CV along with answering the following questions:
- Why do you think you would be suitable to work in a start-up environment?
- At BC we look for curious people. Tell us in a few lines about a time during work/university where you found a better way of doing something?
- Tell us briefly about your biggest personal or work achievement?