Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
Whether this is an in office or remote first role, the position will require proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
The App Platform Team owns the framework that provides the backbone of the microservices architecture at Blend. The App Platform team is responsible for the App Engine which sits at the heart of Blend’s current application stack. Our mission is to provide a scalable system that enables product teams to build new features with speed and quality.
We are part of the platform organization within Blend which is made up of various horizontal teams that work together and build tools and services. Internally these tools are used by Engineering, Product, Customer Support, and Product Analytics organizations. We also own customer-facing products that are used by the Lenders to set up, customize and maintain the Blend products that they use.
The App Platform team is also currently hard at work helping to build out Blend’s new Config Platform which is a new generation of the config platform. Config Platform's frontend utilizes a highly sophisticated no-code application builder. Using this no-code tool, a user can create banking applications by creating pages, decisions, conditions, themes, integrations, and more. We're using a modern frontend stack to create this single-page experience. This builder allows the user to create custom financial products using generic building blocks to enable these different user journeys. This degree of flexibility and the interactive nature of this application builder provide difficult technical design challenges for us to solve.
We have an exciting road ahead of us as we continue to build out this new platform, enhance it, and onboard new customers onto it. We will need to do this while continuing to ensure we can operate the existing platform smoothly, enhance it where needed and keep up with the ever-increasing scale. We are looking for someone excited by these challenges, interested in working on building out a no-code platform, and who doesn’t fear uncertainty and lack of exact directions.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software with a focus on front-end web development.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams, experience collaborating across multiple teams.
- Excellent sense of frontend architecture and component design.
- Experience with React framework.
- You’ve worked in a modern product development organization and can effectively collaborate with product and design to guide complex projects to successful outcomes.
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.js
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Open source contributions
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-weekly remote all hands