Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
Whether this is an in office or remote first role, the position will require proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
Members of the Brand Design team bring the Blend brand to life. We are advocates and champions of the Blend Brand. From the fit and finish of all our customer and employee interactions, to counseling internal partners on creative decisions. Your charter is in three parts: management, operations, and strategy. You will lead a team of talented creatives ensuring that they are doing the best work of their careers, foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration, and drive brand strategy across the organization.
- Advocate for brand design as a whole - help the organization see the power of creative as a business driver
- Help develop strategy, vision and concepts, set design direction and provide hands-on guidance to both our digital design and brand design studio teams
- Build the strategic brand roadmap in collaboration with leaders in go-to-market and product design teams with the goal of elevating the Blend brand and strengthening trust with our customers
- Mentor design talent across all levels (from managers to interns) and build a thriving culture where designers are inspired, feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, and are motivated to grow in their careers
- Partner with team leads to assess and optimize team structure, operating models, and workflows to ensure designers are doing impactful work effectively
- Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork, and innovation throughout the team
- You have 12+ years of experience including at least 5+ years in a leadership position
- You have depth in leading high-performing creative teams across the full range of disciplines (identity, digital, illustration, motion, web engineering, operations)
- You have an inclusive management style based on empathy - you enjoy being a coach and care deeply about the growth of individuals on the team
- You are a brilliant creative and strategic thinker who recognizes how creativity can solve business problems
- You have demonstrated deep experience leading creative teams to deliver industry defining brand experiences
- You have strong storytelling skills, you’re able to lead through ambiguity by simplifying complexity
- You have strong operational and organizational acumen, you are able to establish or refine processes, norms, and rituals with the sensitivity to know when and why
- Your superpower is the ability to build trust and relationships with cross-functional partners - you have high emotional intelligence
- Agency and in-house experience are a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all hands