Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend’s Mortgage Group is responsible for powering the core functionality of Blend’s lending platform that enables mortgage lenders to deliver a more frictionless, compliant, and accessible ecosystem to their customers.
As an engineering leader on the team that is responsible for building the experience that all borrowers using the Blend platform go through, you’ll work cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to execute on new business initiatives and build a unified experience and platform for borrowers. If you are energetic, enjoy working with people, and want to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you.
How you'll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented UI and full-stack engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging, and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams, and customers/external vendors to build and roll out new features
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience currently managing front-end/UI or Full Stack engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience previously as an engineer working with production software at scale.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams, product managers, and business stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience building enterprise software
- Understand accessibility (a11y) best practices
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19