Operations Exec, Bleach Pro
Bleach is the home of experimental hair. From our three London-based salons overseen by our Creative Director and celebrity stylist Alex Brownsell, to our eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free products, if you’re looking for advice, an appointment, or products relating to experimental colour or care, we’ve got you covered.
Founded in 2010, we’ve built an engaged community (345K Instagram followers and counting), gained recognition from the industry (Vogue, ID, Dazed), and have signed wholesale deals with a range of partners, including Selfridges, Boots and Sephora.
We’re a diverse and credible team set to build a business of significant value in the $70B haircare industry, and we’re now looking for an Operations Exec to work within our Bleach Pro function. This is a unique opportunity to join an established operation with an ambitious plan for the next chapter.
As the Operations Exec, you’ll be reporting directly into the Head of Bleach Pro, supporting the operations of our three London salons, as well as the launch of our LA salon in 2020 later this year.
We will look to you to:
- Be the point person for our three London salons, working with our Salon Managers in Dalston, Brixton and Soho to pave the way for our Stylists to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients
- Manage the in-salon POS and booking system to ensure all functions are operating effectively and work to make Salon operations and day to day activities as productive and efficient as possible
- Produce timely reports on product sales, stock takes, and client reports to feed into monthly reporting
- Work with the Finance and Ops teams in HQ, liaising on monthly stock takes, logistics and purchasing, and identifying areas for improvement / implementing new processes
- Support with the development of our Bleach Pro training programme, encompassing recruitment, onboarding, and performance management
- Attend monthly salon team meetings to receive feedback from the salon teams and update on new developments from Bleach HQ
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years’ experience in retail, supply chain, ops or a similar context
- Has experience in managing a team, managing projects and reporting on outcomes
- Has an enthusiastic and positive work ethic, and is keen to add value by working on a range of tasks, no matter how large or small
- Has a genuinely proactive nature, and is able to see potential issues and provide practical solutions before problems arise
- Is professional and cool under pressure, methodical and able to ‘work the problem’
- Has flawless written and verbal communication skills, and is able to collaborate cross-functionally via appropriate mediums (email/Slack/text/call)
- Has the ability to negotiate effectively and sensitively, and balance the needs of the business and the individual
- Is a true, empathetic people person with the ability to build lasting and rewarding relationships
- Can be flexible with their time with the expectation that some evening and weekend work will be needed
- Is familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Drive & has used product management tools (Asana, Slack)
Competitive package, including pension contribution, and private healthcare. Perks and benefits include free hair services, fun team socials and well-being programmes.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to apply for this job.
We believe that great companies are built by diverse teams. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment.