Bleach is the home of experimental hair. From our three London-based salons overseen by our Creative Director and celebrity stylist Alex Brownsell, to our eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free products, if you’re looking for advice, an appointment, or products relating to experimental colour or care, we’ve got you covered.
Founded in 2010, we’ve built an engaged community (345K Instagram followers and counting), gained recognition from the industry (Vogue, ID, Dazed), and have signed wholesale deals with a range of partners, including Selfridges, Boots and Sephora.
We’ve self-funded to date, profitably generating eight figure revenue in 2018, and have recently raised a Series A from top-tier consumer investors and high-profile individuals (including Georgia May Jagger) to build an omnichannel platform for experimental hair consultations, and expand to the US with the launch of an LA salon.
We’re a diverse and credible team set to build a business of significant value in the $70B haircare industry, and the Social Media Manager central to delivering on our vision.
Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, and working closely with our PR & Influencer Manager and the Creative Studio you’ll be responsible for the delivery of content across Bleach’s social channels – particularly (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, with the aim of increasing followers, engagement, and ultimately, revenue.
We will look to you to:
- Plan, publish and optimise the global social content calendar, posting on Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok in a timely manner to maximise the impact of Bleach content
- Input to the Comms Roadmap, working with our Head of Brand Marketing and PR Manager to develop and publish content streams
- Devise actionable strategies and tactics to scale our reach, increase followers and drive engagement
- Track social performance, utilise UTM tracking against all posts and supporting with the development of internal company dashboards for weekly and monthly reporting, by channel
- Work closely with our Customer Experience team to leverage content developed in our salons and by our community, and with our PR & Influencer Manager to maximise the value generated by our influencer relationships
- Work with the Paid Acquisition Manager to build on Paid Social activity and support ‘platform’ vs ‘product’ acquisition
- Work closely with the wider Marketing team to activate our community across our Social channels for launches in new territories
- Be the guardian of technical updates and specs on Social, and share learnings, insights and best practice with our Creative Studio
- Have a proven track record of growing, converting and engaging audiences, as evidenced by 2+ years working as part of an in-house social team, or running a large account at an agency where you led content publishing, as well as the calendar and channel planning for both commercial and brand activations
- Be the first person to make recommendations on content optimisation and publishing algorithms on our Social channels, with a strong understanding of the latest technologies impacting global platforms, and how this affects our acquisition mix and storytelling capabilities
- Have the ability to interpret content streams and turn them into actionable briefs, with the ability to interface with Creative
- Get excited by building and managing communities, and leverage data to inform the topics and content types that are driving engagement with them
- Think about social channels as commercial opportunity, and understand how customers who are acquired through these channels interact with the Brand over time
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to turn strategy into action, crafting narratives and influencing a diverse set of stakeholders, both internal and external partners
- Understand the challenges associated with building a brand online, and get excited about building a Brand that sits across online and offline channels to deliver a flawless omnichannel experience
- Possess a strong interest in and understanding of the consumer mindset, and a strong grasp on DTC / ecommerce, including incumbent brands, influencers and trends
- Have the ability to work strategically and tactically, finding the balance between the ‘urgent’ and the ‘important’
Highly competitive package including pension contributions and healthcare.
Not looking for something permanent? We have a number of 3-6 month contracts available, so please mention this on your application.
To apply please sent a CV and short covering letter explaining why you are interested in - and the right candidate for - this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that great companies are built by diverse teams. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment.