About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
As our Senior HR Business Partner, UK you will serve as the gatekeeper of our company culture & values while working to provide an incredible experience & growth trajectory for all Blank Street employees.
In this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will involve driving recruitment of rockstar talent, creating & executing an incredible onboarding experience for new employees, managing all our employee success and growth initiatives, supporting and coaching managers on leadership, and ensuring that our end-to-end HR processes in the UK are both executed in a compliant manner and prepared to scale.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a People leader looking to take full ownership of the People agenda and build something from an early stage. This role reports to the Managing Director, UK and works closely with the Director of People, Global.
- Recruitment: Oversee and implement best practices that attract and hire the best talent to Blank Street.
- Onboarding: Own and administer the onboarding and off-boarding process ensuring a unique Blank Street experience for our employees.
- Training & Development: Partner closely with the Training & Development and Operations teams to include the right barista training & development initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle, and ensure that these are in line with our people values and mission.
- Culture: Play an active and instrumental role in helping to define Blank Street’s core values and develop programs that allow our values to come to life throughout the employee lifecycle in the UK, partnering closely with the Director of People, and Global teams to drive a cohesive global culture.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Ensure that Blank Street is creating a company built on inclusivity and diversity, from the hiring process to successful growth planning.
- Performance Management: Own, execute, and collaborate with Operations on people management initiatives such as succession planning, performance reviews, and individual development plans in order to champion retention and promote internal growth.
- Leadership Development: Partner with the UK Management team in developing their departments and teams while providing coaching and guidance.
- Employee Policies & Compliance: Help to design employee policies around conduct, benefits, leave, performance evaluation, etc. and codify in the company handbook. You’ll be responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable laws and adjusting policies as the business grows.
- Benefits & Compensation: Collaborate with the Director of People, Global to develop UK salary bands and job levels/titles. Own, manage, and evaluate UK’s benefit offerings for employees. Service as the internal main point of contact for any benefits and compensation related questions.
- Tools & Systems: Support the management, adoption, and ongoing maintenance and upgrades of all our HR software in the UK.
- 7+ years experience as a People/HR Generalist, Business Partner, or People Operations Specialist, ideally in consumer retail, food/beverage and/or production facilities (experience having worked in a high growth environment highly preferred)
- Experience working with a large hourly team member count
- Successfully scaled a business before and understand what needs to get built as a company matures to ensure sustainable growth
- Strong understanding of UK and state-specific risk, safety, labor/employment law and practices, especially related to non-exempt workforce
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a team of HR professionals as the business grows
- Demonstrated experience actively serving as a strategic business partner for other parts of the organization
- You are agile and resilient with the ability to pivot quickly
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator
- You have a deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional customer experience
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Private health insurance
- WeWork Access
- Paid time off
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee