Title: Shift Lead (Full time)
Level of experience: 1 years’ experience in a customer service supervisor position
Hours: 35 hour contract
Location: We currently have over 20 shops open in various locations in London
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe everyone deserves a great cup of coffee. With shops across Brooklyn and Manhattan and now London, Blank Street offers high quality, specialty coffee that doesn’t tax our customers' time or wallet.
Our mission is to reimagine local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighbourhoods, and our planet. Our long term vision is to empower local businesses with the same technology and tools, making their goods accessible in new neighbourhoods for people to discover and love.
As a Shift Leader at Blank Street you are a born player-coach who thrives when working alongside a team to deliver quality products. You are a proven people-person who takes pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality products through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts, and you can really make a difference.
You will spearhead individual, team and location initiatives to drive sales and business performance. Along with supporting your General Manager to lead these important company initiatives, you will regularly meet with the Senior Leadership team to voice feedback, improvements and overall be hands on in the success of your store, your customers and your teams’ best interests. You would be one of the first staff members to work in this location, which means you get the exciting opportunity to set the tone and create lasting connections in the neighbourhood.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Craft beautiful coffee products and serve all Blank Street customers with energy, warmth, and empathy
- Support your GM and our Training Team to help train new employees to succeed at Blank Street, including ensuring that new team members are following all recipe and training for menu items and processes and that they are in correct uniform, are upbeat and vibes are positive
- Open and close the location safely and responsibly (Key holder) and ensure that cleaning duties for the store are followed at the beginning, during and end of the shift
- Positive and solution focused handling of any minor customer issue
- At a store level, leads all initiatives with the operations and marketing teams to increase foot traffic, new customers, daily sales, and operational profitability and develop a loyal neighbourhood customer base for your store
Who You Are
- Love for cafe culture and people
- Friendly, open and approachable person who is able to work well with others
- Strong knowledge of coffee and equipment is a must
- Strong decision making and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer connections to create a regular customer base
- Able to work at a fast pace in high volume environments
- Be an exemplary ambassador of our brand to new neighbourhoods