About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences. You are customer centric and believe in serving a carefully curated menu with passion and precision, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
Who you are:
- A friendly and enthusiastic team player with a passion for excellent customer service; you’re always ready to make your customers’ day
- A reliable employee who is able to effectively manage time and priorities, including during busy rush periods where a sense of urgency is necessary
- Passionate about creating delicious coffee and other cafe beverages
- A strong independent problem solver with proven multi-tasking and communication skills
- Someone who is curious, adaptable and always willing to learn
- Comfortable working in a team or independently
- Comfortable with cash-handling and maintaining store safety
What you'll own:
- Delight our customers with consistent, welcoming and engaging customer service, taking the opportunity to turn every customer into a regular
- Work within a world-class coffee program using the best coffee equipment (the eversys cameos and shotmasters) and product in the industry to prepare the tastiest drinks
- Complete all training to ensures proper measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of food and beverage to retain its freshness and quality
- Have systems in place to avoid wastage of product with both food and beverage, following and adjusting par levels where needed in line with business peaks and lows
- Maintains Local Department of Health standards at all times
- Full and complete knowledge and adherence to all product, service and brand training playbooks
- Participates in all initiatives with the Operations and marketing teams to increase foot traffic, new customers, daily sales, and operational profitability and develop a loyal neighborhood customer base
- Experience in the customer service or hospitality industry
- 18+ years of age
- Able to lift 25+ lbs, and to stand for long periods of time
- Availability that meets the needs of our cafes
- Part Time: 15-25 hours per week, 3 days of availability required and must be available to work 2 peak days (Peak days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Full Time: 30-40 hours per week, 4-5 days of availability required and must be available to work 2 peak days (Peak days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Weekend and holiday availability preferred
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.: upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9 with acceptable documents, Blank Street will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. (a process known as ”E-Verify”).
- $15.50-$16.50 /hour starting + tips
- Barista accreditation/training program
- Paid sick time
- As a growing company we have opportunities for advancement for those interested
Application & Interview Process:
- Application Review
- Online Questionnaire
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager In Person Interview
If you have 2+ years’ experience in a customer service leadership position and are interested in a shift leader position, check out the application here.