About Blank Street
Blank Street is a small-format coffee shop with big dreams. Our mission is to reinvent local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighborhoods, and our planet. We're starting with our own specialty coffee brand built on top of next-generation electric street carts and micro kiosks, while powering our customer experience through mobile ordering. Our vision is to empower local businesses around the world with the same operating tools & technology, making their goods more accessible for people to discover and love. We're rapidly expanding our reach throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and looking for baristas to bring joy, warmth, and beautiful latte art to our new locations!
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. You will become part of your community’s infrastructure, serving a carefully curated menu, executed with passion and precision.
The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality product through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts and you can really make a difference.
- Work within a world-class coffee program using the best coffee equipment and product in the industry
- Ensures all proper measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of product to retain its freshness and quality with both food and beverage
- Have systems in place to avoid wastage of product with both food and beverage, following and adjusting par levels where needed in line with business peaks and lows
- Maintains NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH) standards at all times
- Full and complete knowledge and adherence to all product, service and brand training playbooks
- Participates in all initiatives with the Operations and marketing teams to increase foot traffic, new customers, daily sales, and operational profitability and develop a loyal neighborhood customer base
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a customer service position
- Love for coffee and customer service
- Strong knowledge coffee equipment
- Strong decision making and multi-taking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills