About Blank Street:
Your [coffee] on your corner. Blank Street’s mission is to reinvent local commerce for the better — starting with [coffee] in NYC.
We’re reimagining the coffee experience—by taking it out of the coffee shop. Instead, we serve our customers from zero-emission coffee carts, integrated with a beautifully designed order-ahead app, so we can serve coffee, exactly how our customers like it, wherever they are, fast. We think of it as “eliminating the real estate tax”: taking all the money not spent on expensive leases and physical stores and investing it instead in quality ingredients and more locations.
We serve a carefully curated & top-quality menu of coffee, tea, and pastries made with the equipment of the future, while forever being conscious of our local and environmental impact. We champion the use of smart technology to provide the easiest and most efficient ordering experience for our customers and top of the line tools for our neighborhood teams.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. You will become part of your community’s infrastructure, serving a carefully curated menu, executed with passion and precision.
The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality product through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts and you can really make a difference.
- Work within a world-class coffee program using the best coffee equipment and product in the industry
- Ensures all proper measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of product to retain its freshness and quality with both food and beverage
- Have systems in place to avoid wastage of product with both food and beverage, following and adjusting par levels where needed in line with business peaks and lows
- Maintains NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH) standards at all times
- Full and complete knowledge and adherence to all product, service and brand training playbooks
- Participates in all initiatives with the Operations and marketing teams to increase foot traffic, new customers, daily sales, and operational profitability and develop a loyal neighborhood customer base
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a customer service position
- Mobile Vendor License Holder
- Love for coffee and customer service
- Strong knowledge coffee equipment
- Strong decision making and multi-taking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills