We are Black Swan Data
In a turbulent and fast-changing marketplace, the old world of traditional consumer research is no longer enough. Where there was slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s big data, machine learning and predictive analytics. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is on a mission to revolutionise Insights & Innovation through the power of Social Prediction. Using sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock social data’s potential to understand, connect and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than before.
Our TRENDSCOPE SaaS platform enables brands to apply Social Prediction to their business and deliver faster, better, more successful new product innovation launches. It puts the power of trend prediction at our user’s fingertips and is central to how we turn trend intelligence into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Danone and Coty.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of around 150 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies. Since, we’ve been recognised by Deloitte Fast 50 and the London Stock Exchange for our cutting-edge technology and innovative approach.
Now is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing data and technology SaaS business which is led by an experienced and inspiring management team. We’re passionate about what we do and committed to disrupt and drive industry change, so if you’re an enthusiastic team player and go-getter we want to hear from you.
“The best way to predict your future is to invent it.”
Working within the Growth team, you will support sales executives in closing new logos, and growing them through the early stages of their journey with Black Swan. As an expert in how our solutions can deliver client value, you will provide the credibility we need to convince clients that we can align to their challenges, as well as designing the solutions that we recommend to solve them.
As part of that, you will:
- Demonstrate that you know the problems that clients are facing in innovation and growth strategy with real examples from your experience
- Convince clients that there are challenges they may not yet have identified (or at least understood could be solved)
- Excite and energize clients on how our solutions can solve those challenges, citing examples of how we have done it for other clients
- Identify client pain, causes & symptoms
- Identify which of our use-cases match the client’s pain, enabling the AE to help the client to compile a list of required capabilities
- Design POC’s and support on delivery of them
- Understand and define measures of success for client and jointly define ROI in their terms
- Design effective client programs, which maximise value for our clients over multiple year and drive recurring revenue for Black Swan.
- Establish community of practice/steering group with client responsible for jointly establishing value of Black Swan subscription
- Surface new product development opportunities and/or issues with current solution & own feedback loop to product team and roadmap
- Partner with product marketing to continuously improve case study materials and sales collateral
- Work collaboratively within the team and outside of it to achieve our collective ARR goals
- Aid in the training and onboarding of new hires to the team, especially with solutions hires
- Manage workload and capacity closely and visibly so that the team can easily understand what capacity is available at any given time
- Prioritise work that generates recurring revenue
- Commercial KPI’s: ARR growth
- Strong working experience
- Working as a practitioner in a scaled market research practice, ideally from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Working with enterprise-scale clients, especially within CPG
- In a commercial growth role, whether selling or account managing
- Data and analytics experience, ideally as an analyst at some point in career
- Understanding of market research landscape, other solutions in the marketplace
- Experience applying research and data to Innovation, Growth Strategy, Trends and Foresight use cases
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Hybrid Working – up to 60% of your working hours every month can be done remotely and the other 40% in our New York Hub.
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan Data we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest technologies.
Talented Teams - We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development - Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan Data's projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable! You will benefit from our global benefits: Share options, staff referral scheme, wellness day, flexible and remote working, internal and online training initiatives, volunteering opportunities at white swan, birthday lie in, Christmas gift cards, quarterly staff events, sunshine hours and Flexible Leave Policy.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?