We are Black Swan Data
Black Swan Data is a fast-growing technology and data science business, with offices in the UK, South Africa, Hungary. We build high quality SaaS solutions which automate data science using advanced machine learning and deep learning techniques. We use some of the coolest technology on the planet so you will never get bored of doing the same thing.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a talented developer to join our team. The role involves building and maintaining high performance big data machine learning based models and pipelines to facilitate all our SaaS product for some of the world’s leading brands. You'll be working closely within a team of developers and data scientists distributed remotely across the UK, South Africa and Hungary.
To apply for the role, you’ll need
- To be the type of developer that can pick up a new technology quickly and deliver features in a highly agile manner.
- Experience writing testable functional Python in a production grade system.
- To have used Apache Spark in a production system using Python
- Having experience in Spark orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow
- Experience of using a cloud platform to architect and build data pipelines.
- To easily navigate the administration of a Hadoop cluster on a cloud platform such as Databricks
- Will have worked closely with Data Scientists helping to productionise Machine Leaning methodologies using PySpark working with large RDD’s
- Working with the full ML lifecycle using MLFlow and/or Seldon
- Proven track record working on with a wide range of NLP problems such as topic modelling, relevancy and disambiguation is essential.
- Experience working with social data is also desirable.
What you will learn from the role
- We try and automate as much as possible to streamline our processes. This includes continuous integration and deployment.
- Quality is very important to us, and through automated testing we strive to keep the quality of our systems as high as possible.
- Working with large sets of data and using distributed databases.
- Agile delivery process within squads made up from multiple skillsets.
- The potential for learning and working in another language like Java, Scala or Python.
- End to end exposure to a cloud platform
You’ll be part of a dynamic and growing global team
As we continue to grow across the world, you’ll find every day brings with it fresh challenges and opportunities to try new things.
You’ll be part of a diverse, smart, agile but laid-back team passionate about technology, who are also open-minded and always open to new ideas. Because we’re serious about finding ways to do things better. Which means you’ll find serious hardware. And no red tape. Or unnecessary process. Just less noise, less disruption and more time to focus.
So you’ll get the freedom to be yourself, to do the work you want to do and the freedom to grow. You’ll be trusted to get on with things and won’t have someone checking up on you 24/7. But you’ll also be supported, coached, advised and mentored. With constant opportunities to learn.
You’ll be well looked after
Not only will you get to work with a great team, you’ll also enjoy flexible hours, the flexibility to work from home on a remote contract. Not only this, you get unlimited holiday.
We recognise and reward hard work and we’re looking for someone to grow and go places with us.
You know you’ll fit right in
Things move quickly at Black Swan Data. And so do you. You’re bright, curious and optimistic, quick to pick up new concepts and open to learning new things. You love a challenge and getting stuck right in, ready to step up and run with anything.
You’re happy to fly solo and also enjoy being part of a team. Which means you’re adaptable and easy-going. And a good communicator.
You have a great eye for detail but can also see the bigger picture. And you have that magical ability to balance perfection and delivery.
You get things done. Because you give 110%. As do we.
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Remote Working - this role is eligible for remote working within Hungary.
We support remote workers with a one-off allowance for home office setup.
Every remote Swan would have a chance to also come to our Szeged Hub once a year to meet their colleagues.
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan Data we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest technologies.
Talented Teams - We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development - Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan Data's projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable! You will benefit from our global benefits: Share options, staff referral scheme, wellness day, flexible and remote working, internal and online training initiatives, volunteering opportunities at white swan, birthday lie in, Christmas gift cards, quarterly staff events, sunshine hours and Flexible Leave Policy.
As well as the benefits unique to our Szeged office - Sick leave payment, private health care, cafeteria system, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, drinks & snacks, fruit, Thursday Nasi time.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?