We Are Black Swan
We are looking for a Product Designer
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting-edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Applied Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, we today employ around 200 people across 3 continents and are set to grow even more throughout the years.
Our long-term relationships and work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands (e.g. PepsiCo, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco, GSK) is getting us noticed – in 2015, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent Award and have been named Britain’s fastest start-up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
We're looking for a product designer to help steer our modular product ecosystem for CPG innovation. You will make sure we keep our users at the centre of our design decisions and ensure we offer a best in class user experience across our product platform, with particular focus on unifying the interaction design between different products and tools.
In summary, you will balance your skills in research, design and strategic thinking as a key leader in our product, engineering and data science organization.
- Collaborate with product managers & business stakeholders to define product direction.
- Conduct generative research to identify personas, their needs and the jobs to be done.
- Participate in all stages of the visual design process from early stage concept to engineering handover.
- Facilitate evaluative research to assess current and new design solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with our technology and commercial teams to ensure that we create viable, scalable solutions.
- Help maintain and contribute towards our design system.
- Promote design best practice and stay up to date with design and usability trends.
- Be the voice of the user, ensuring that the Product and delivery teams constantly focus on real user requirements and build the best possible solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a hybrid UX & UI role, ideally within B2B products.
- Experience working on complex SaaS solutions that are data driven.
- Comfortable working in an agile, iterative fashion.
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams.
- Proficient in popular design tools such as Figma and Miro.
- Ability to own all stages of research from discovery to through to validation.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to handle multiple related products.
- Proactive and independent, not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with stakeholders of all levels .
What We Offer
We provide a working environment which leverages your personal strengths!
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays drinks, Flexitime / Remote working days, Unlimited Leave, Learning & Development workshops (FethrED), work socials and events.