Black Swan Data
We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced People Partner to join Black Swan’s innovative Trends business unit, where our mission is to ensure that our customers never miss a trend again. We are in hyper growth, looking for a confident People Partner who can build relationships, bring structure to move us forward, but also pivot and change with the business demands. This role will sit within the global People team, reporting into the Chief People Officer and acting as the primary People Team liaison for our UK-based teams. We are a global business, so you will also be working closely with the People Director in Cape Town, as well as our other People team functions spread across South Africa, Hungary, US and UK.
Advice and Guidance
- Provide day to day support, advice and guidance to Managers and Employees; exercising good judgement and ensuring compliance with Black Swan processes and policies
- Guide and coach managers and employees through employee relations matters, promoting consistency, fairness and commercial thinking.
- Promote sound decision making by contributing expert knowledge, insight and use of data.
- Contribute to People Planning processes in collaboration with the CPO and wider People and Leadership teams
- Deliver on the People Plan with good project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Making recommendations to the business with regards to people-related projects and initiatives
- Maintain regular communication with Managers and Teams to build a good understanding of individual and team opportunities and challenges.
- Support Managers and Teams through people processes such as career development processes, promotions and pay reviews, recruitment etc; guiding, coaching and advising as necessary.
- Work with the wider People Team to ensure processes are planned for, implemented and regularly reviewed
- Proactively maintain a good knowledge of current HR topics and trends.
- Share insights with the wider People Team and Leadership teams as appropriate.
- Maintain an up to date employment law understanding across all territories.
- Commensurate experience in a generalist HR role, preferably in a tech environment
- A proven collaborator, who enjoys working as part of a global team and jumping into issues as they come up
- Someone who drives continuous improvement
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Motivated by building and finding solutions
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Listening skills and ability to relate to, and coach employees of all levels in the organisation
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Remote Working - Until it is safe to return to our offices, and then up to 60% of your working month working remotely when we are back in our Hubs. Some roles will also be eligible to apply for 100% remote working.
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan Data we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest technologies.
Talented Teams - We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development - Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan Data's projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable! You will benefit from our global benefits: Share options, staff referral scheme, duvet day, flexible and remote working, internal and online training initiatives, volunteering opportunities at white swan, birthday lie in, Christmas gift cards, quarterly staff events, summer hours and Flexible Leave Policy.
As well as the benefits unique to our Cape Town office - Pension & Risk benefits, medical aid contribution, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, parking, breakfast, drinks & snacks, fun Fridays, yoga and meditation sessions.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?