We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
Alongside our white-hot solutions, you’ll use superior salesmanship to challenge prospects’ thinking to help them realise competitive advantage in areas they hadn’t yet considered.
Working in a matrix virtual team, you’ll deploy our resources where they will have the most impact. By quarterbacking in this way, you’ll be the central figure in a high-performing team. Highly qualified leads will come to you ready for you to foster them and grow them into enterprise clients. Working with SDR’s, Solutions Consultants and Subject Matter Experts, you will control the sales experience to gain consensus from decision makers and influencers to delight clients and book recurring SaaS revenue.
You will listen, identify and understand clients’ needs and deliver to their expectations. You will be able to build relationships with multiple stakeholders and influence them in a positive way, neutralising deal-delaying threats along the way.
Over the last 8 years, we’ve created a data-driven capability that anticipates consumer needs with an unprecedented amount of accuracy, totally disrupting market research as we know it.
By analysing millions of online consumer conversations with AI tools and human expertise, we predict & prioritize the trends with the highest growth potential in your category, so you know exactly where, when, and how to win.
As a result, we are the trusted foresight partner for CPGs like Kraft Heinz, P&G, SC Johnson, and PepsiCo - informing their strategic planning across innovation, marketing, category strategy, and even M&A.
- Drive new business leads via networking and sending personal, strategic, value-add emails, calls and social messages to cold and warm leads
- Build and manage a large pipeline of opportunities that is designed to exceed your quota, looking at least 3 quarters into the future
- Prepare for and execute meetings with highly qualified leads
- Deploy resources and effort to maximise our chances of winning business, effectively quarterbacking a virtual team and motivating them to perform to the best of their abilities
- Match commercial teaching themes to prospects’ major challenges to hone in on where our solutions will deliver the most value
- Qualify out the opportunities that are unlikely to deliver value for us or our prospects
- From time to time, attend networking events and conferences to generate leads and develop domain knowledge
- Use CRM software to update and track progress with new prospects
- Attend training's to stay up to date with our solutions, client use cases, and industry knowledge
- Individual Contributor role
- Selling SaaS and Agency/consulting services.
- Selling to CPG manufacturers $1bn revenue+
- Market research +/or CPG experience helpful
Things we’re looking for:
You are hugely curious, will constantly look for ways to enhance your knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to provide that sales edge needed to close business and generate revenue. You will seek feedback at every opportunity so you can be the best you can be. You will seek this from leaders, peers and clients.
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
- We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams - We hire highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?