We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
We are looking for a Head of SecOps for our Cape Town office!
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 300 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
Fethr, A Black Swan Company, has an immediate opening for a Head of IT Sec Ops. You will be heading up the IT Sec Ops function of our business. This entails everything from IT user management to Security policy definition/management to Vendor and infrastructure Management. You will be creating an IT Sec Ops strategy which aligns to business goals and then you will be tasked with laying out a plan to drive that strategy and be responsible for delivering to that plan.
What you’ll do
- Leverage knowledge of best practices to be able to support the Security Operations policies, standards and legal requirements, while overseeing a team of Security Operations SMEs
- Define and execute on Fethr’s Security Operations strategy, manage the Security Operations roadmap, manage and work with relevant vendors to solve security issues and problems
- Partners with business and security stakeholders to assist in defining the strategic cybersecurity objectives and goals
- Leads the Security Operations (SecOps) Team inclusive of Security Operations Center (SOC) functions that consist of:
- Monitoring, detection and analysis activities
- Threat intelligence activities
- Incident response (IR) activities
- Create, rollout and manage IT, Security and DevOps governance across the business. This includes creation and management of standards in these three areas
- Work with Black Swan to Define Global IT and IT Security Policies
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to understand the products, services and user environments of deliveries across the business
- Work with Finance, HR and PMO to define, forecast and track annual IT budgets
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field and minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 10-15 years progressive experience leading information technology and/or security teams in operations, 5-8 years of practical experience building threat-based cybersecurity programs, and designing and implementing security controls
- Experience in a leadership position within a Security Operations Center highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a geographically dispersed team with global scope and responsibilities
- Significant demonstrated experience working with Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Continuous Monitoring, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (ID/PS), Network Traffic Analysis, Incident Response, Endpoint Security Systems, Digital Forensics, WLAN Monitoring, and/or Threat Modeling
- Expert knowledge of information security technologies, networking, systems and infrastructure architecture in global capacity required, e.g. Cisco, Mikrotik, Unifi, Linux Routing and experience with secure networking best practices
- Experience with IT management systems and tools, e.g. MS Exchange, Active Directory, SolarWinds, Office365, GSuite etc
- Experience with implementing and managing ISMS
- Experience working with SDLC toolsets including Continuous Integration, GIT, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience working with infrastructure orchestration and management tools, e.g. Chef, Kubernetes, DockerSwarm, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet
- Knowledge of Security testing, e.g. OWASP
- Self-motivated and willing to take on challenges while adapting to an ever-changing operational environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills – must be eager to work as part of a cohesive team and work as a partner to other teams within Aristocrat, Inc., locally and globally
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of all the snacks you can eat, Friday drinks, Flexible Working and Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?